digital cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital cameras

Right my camera arrived yesterday!! i have not yet inserted the batteries due too an urgent girls night out (much curry and wine consumed) but I have installed the drivers etc.
    any tips from you experts - its a sony Cybershot DSC-P52
    Ta chaps and chappesses

Lou

is it the 2.4 or 3.0 model i was joking. read the instructions. take some test pics after you have loaded the software that came with the camera & put the USB cable that came with it in a spare USB slot attach camera then switch camera on the software should startup & start to downoad images to your PC then a window should open showing all the nice piccies that you took
    Last edited by marky; 20 February 2004, 00:20.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Hang on! My Sony Cybershot was nicked from my luggage at Luton airport two weeks ago (not kidding). Where'd you get yours from? Doesn't have Japanese stickers on it does it? Leighton Buzzard is a bit close to Luton! (just kidding ).

I suspect that the b@5t@rd who nicked mine will have a few probs replacing the battery, charger and manual, given that my model was never sold outside Japan and the instructions are only available in Japanese. Just waiting for the insurance company to replace it with a similar model, shoul dbe fun. Although, if they just gave me th ecash value, I could pick up a new one when I go back to Japan next month.

Comment

The insurance company did give me the cash! Well, a £500 limit to take to Japan and buy a replacement. Had a tough time choosing between the new Sony DSC-T1 and the Canon Ixy. Finally Bought a the new Ixy with 5 Megapixels, execllent pics, great features, lovely digital camera

Comment

i USED to have a nice fuji finepics until my 9yr son old decided to switch it off whilst holding the rectractable lens, to top it off, after i got home and found it, the three tiny springs inside holding the focus lens all missing, and after searching the carpet for an hour, my missus admitted she MIGHT have hoovered the carpet AFTER she found what was left of the camera
          [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by Purpledoris
            Right my camera arrived yesterday!! i have not yet inserted the batteries due too an urgent girls night out (much curry and wine consumed) but I have installed the drivers etc.
            any tips from you experts - its a sony Cybershot DSC-P52
            Ta chaps and chappesses

Lou
            I've got similar - but the P72 . Its a superb camera and very easy to use.. TIPS.. get a decent size extra memory card, and the thing a me jig that allows you to store pics off the card when away from the computer is worth it if you take it away on hols!!

Enjoy!!
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Well I just bought myself a Panasonic NV-GS33 (MiniDV), DV In/Out, USB Streaming so can be used as Web cam, takes individual shots to the tape and has optical zoom x20. Also comes with a Remote Controller mic so you can take high shots but still narrate. About £450..

Trouble wa..then had to update with Windows XP , and bought Pinnacle Studio AV/DV to use for digital and analogue capture..so ended paying near on £1000....Bank manager will certainly like that
              Gaz

Comment

Can anyone help I cant find the usb port for my KODAK instamatic?
                Its better to die than fade away!

Comment

Use the same USB port as the Polaroid camera .

Rick
                  Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo

Trouble wa..then had to update with Windows XP , and bought Pinnacle Studio AV/DV to use for digital and analogue capture..so ended paying near on £1000....Bank manager will certainly like that
                    Fortunately I already had a pc with right software etc... didnt realise I had two USB ports on the front for connecting camera etc and spent 3 months unplugging the printer from the USB port on the back to plug the camera in... How silly did I feel when Tony opened the flap on the front and showed me where I should have been connecting it...

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                      Fortunately I already had a pc with right software etc... didnt realise I had two USB ports on the front for connecting camera etc and spent 3 months unplugging the printer from the USB port on the back to plug the camera in... How silly did I feel when Tony opened the flap on the front and showed me where I should have been connecting it...

It happens to us all.....I know of an incident where a woman at a place I went working as a consultant thought that the recycle bin was for placing all her files in (ie in/out -> recycle). After filling her disk up with other stuff the admin guy asked if he could get rid of all her deleted files upon which she said yes....guess what.....Yep you guessed it all her work gone
                      Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Linda

Linda - I'm not discussing men opening my flaps on an open forum thank you very much! but I'm gonna see if I've got one ...........ta for the tip
                        TTFN

Lou

Comment

Working...
                        X