White smoke advise please!!!???!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White smoke advise please!!!???!!!

When I have been sitting for a while in traffic then pull away, a bit of whitish smoke belches out, then nothing, and it doesnt do it all the time, just when knoking around town, and it smells like fuel. My head is fine and no water loss or overheating probs. I was reading about mixture screw on pump mod. Worth doing????
    How do i stop it? Cheers for any help
    Without Surf And Unhappy

I think it goes black smoke = diesel, white smoke = not enough diesel, lots of white smoke smelling like coolent = cracked head and blue smoke =burning oil.

Are you running on veg? I have about 80% veg mix and get black and white smoke at different times. Am getting refurbished injectors from diesel bob to see if it helps. Some one on here will probably tell you i am wrong but you could they upping your fuel and see if it helps do a search theres loads of info on it.

Good luck

:EDIT: i see you have been reading up on it ! Doh!!
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
      When I have been sitting for a while in traffic then pull away, a bit of whitish smoke belches out, then nothing, and it doesnt do it all the time, just when knoking around town, and it smells like fuel. My head is fine and no water loss or overheating probs. I was reading about mixture screw on pump mod. Worth doing????
      How do i stop it? Cheers for any help
      with inline fuel pumps white smoke tends to indicate pump timing,assume your pump is rotary though,does it use much oil?
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

It doesnt use any oil and the engine runs a nd sounds sweet, and the smoke is not all the time. I do use veg oil on a twin tank system, and the smoke isnt major news just a whiteish puff when pulling away. When engine is hot it tends not to do it at all, and while driving: nothing! Thanks for advise so far guys
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

oh and it is the efi 2.4 pump (denso). Im probably being picky, and the smoke may be residual veg in my lines.
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

oh and it is the efi 2.4 pump (denso). Im probably being picky, and the smoke may be residual veg in my lines.
            it very well maybe excess unburnt veg oil. the veg oil has a tighter molecular bond than derv, any process(ie compression ignition) will be geared to (without getting boring) liberating energy from derv. fundamentally the tighter a molecular bond, the more energy required to liberate its internal energy,so for instance we need diesel because of its low viscosity, to pass through the injectors and atomise,if its molecular bonding (and mass) is different some internal energy may not be released, and manifest itself as unburnt volatile,ie occasional smoke
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Any more ideas anyone? or am i being overly pedantic?
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Thanks gwh, thats likely the problem, maybe if i veg its something i will have to cope with. Ill just not use my mirrors.
                Thanks mate
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Thanks gwh, thats likely the problem, maybe if i veg its something i will have to cope with. Ill just not use my mirrors.
                  Thanks mate
                  i was gonna suggest, masking the mirrors
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Cheers guys off to my usual haunt for a sticky run, then back home for a jetwash. See ya's
                    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

or you could extend your exhaust so it exits at the roof then you can use your mirrors too! if you also fitted a snorkel you could make a surf sub hi bred!
                      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
                      X