Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache

We'll cast you a medal in honour Bob!

I think I just broke something in the trouser dept........
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

OK, so I got me 90 litres of veg oil at tescos for £31.00, and picked up a 4 man tent complete with 1 x double sleeping bag, 2 x single sleeping bags, 2 x foam bed rolls, 1 x double blow up matress, all ground sheets etc for £75.00.

Didn't get a camping stove as the budget is blown now.

So I'm looking good for the weekend, lets hope the surf is up to the job.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Latest plan is arrive at campsite Saturday morning (though presumably you'll go on Friday Bob?) and set up camp.

Head off to the Strata before lunchtime (with picnic food) and spend the day trolling around up and down the trails.

Retire to camp in the evening for either pub grub / beer or two, or barbie depending on the weather.

Sunday morning, break camp and go and drive some of Sarn Helen, ending up down towards the M4 end sometime in the afternoon, convenient to go home.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Latest plan is arrive at campsite Saturday morning (though presumably you'll go on Friday Bob?) and set up camp.

Head off to the Strata before lunchtime (with picnic food) and spend the day trolling around up and down the trails.

Retire to camp in the evening for either pub grub / beer or two, or barbie depending on the weather.

Sunday morning, break camp and go and drive some of Sarn Helen, ending up down towards the M4 end sometime in the afternoon, convenient to go home.

Sounds good, and yes I'll probably come up on the Friday as the map says its about 5 hours, but in the surf with the dog ( who'll need a couple of stops on the way) I'm looking more towards 6 or 7 hrs in total ( including getting lost)

I'll try to get some more veg oil before the weekend, or it may be better to get refilled at a supermaket at that end.

They do have supermarkets in Wales??

Oh and do I need me passport?
          Rob

Comment

There's a Somerfield about 5 mins walk from the campsite, but dont know what their veg oil prices are like.

I think we can cross borders without ID there.

Comment

There's a Somerfield about 5 mins walk from the campsite, but dont know what their veg oil prices are like.

I think we can cross borders without ID there.

Whatever the price, it'll be cheaper than derv,
              Rob

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob

They do have supermarkets in Wales??

Oh and do I need me passport?
                You cheeky bug ger!
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                  You cheeky bug ger!

Rob

Comment

So Apache, will you book the camp site and tell them I'll be there on the Friday PM with large dog, or do you want me to email them?
                    Rob

Comment

• The Lovely Boyo has already been in touch (I think). He's friendly with the owners.

Just turn up I think!

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache
                        The Lovely Boyo has already been in touch (I think). He's friendly with the owners.

Just turn up I think!

COOL.
                        Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by plumb bob
                          So Apache, will you book the camp site and tell them I'll be there on the Friday PM with large dog, or do you want me to email them?
                          Hi Bob,

There's no problem about you getting to Llandovery (Erwlon Campsite) - they have loads of room.

PM me - I'll call the owners to give them your details.

You have a nice wander around the town on the Friday (its really lovely (ahh) lots of pubs the Bluebell is good) - we'll catch up with you Saturday morning.

Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                            Hi Bob,

There's no problem about you getting to Llandovery (Erwlon Campsite) - they have loads of room.

PM me - I'll call the owners to give them your details.

You have a nice wander around the town on the Friday (its really lovely (ahh) lots of pubs the Bluebell is good) - we'll catch up with you Saturday morning.

No worries, can you PM me a contact no for yourself or Apache, just in case I get trouble with the surf or anything untoward happens on the way down, and I ain't near a confusor.

I'll bring me laptop ( in the hope of a nearby wireless connection) and the webcam to mount on the dash ( Apache stylee)
                            Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by plumb bob
                              No worries, can you PM me a contact no for yourself or Apache, just in case I get trouble with the surf or anything untoward happens on the way down, and I ain't near a confusor.

I'll bring me laptop ( in the hope of a nearby wireless connection) and the webcam to mount on the dash ( Apache stylee)
                              The campsite have wireless internet. Not free though.

I'll PM you my moby number.

Comment

• Got any pictures of the Strata Florida??
                                Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X