Are YOU the only gay in the village????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache
    Next weekend. 25th / 26th. The plan is to head for Llandovery, set up camp and head of to Strata Florida late morning. We'll spend the day doing that route there and back, then back to camp for pub meal or whatever. Sunday we'll do Sarn Helen, and toddle off home whenever we're ready.

Just checked on the AA routefinder, and says that it's about 5 hours away (280 miles) which is a fair round trip of nearly 600 miles, and quite dear on derv at 20 mpg, although I could run 75% veg on the way down and back, wth some derv in between, might make it cheaper.

What equiptment am I likely to need, apart from a tent, and does the camping allow dogs?
    Last edited by plumb bob; 19 August 2007, 00:11.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
      Just checked on the AA routefinder, and says that it's about 5 hours away (280 miles) which is a fair round trip of nearly 600 miles, and quite dear on derv at 20 mpg, although I could run 75% veg on the way down and back, wth some derv in between, might make it cheaper.

What equiptment am I likely to need, apart from a tent, and does the camping allow dogs?
      Equipment?

Beer. Beer goggles. Tent. I'm sure the tent place takes dogs. Seen them there before.

DO IT!! It'll be cool!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

As it's a 5 hour trip, would it be better for me to come down on the friday, as I've got it booked off, it would mean an extra night in camp, but at least I'll be fresh the next day.

We are talking Camarthenshire
        Rob

Comment

We are talking Camarthenshire
          Are we???

Llandovery? Didn't think it was as far as Camarthenshire. I could be wrong though. I'm p1ssed

Comment

Are we???

Llandovery? Didn't think it was as far as Camarthenshire. I could be wrong though. I'm p1ssed

Seems to be the only Llandovery listed, and it looks to be sort of centralish Wales, so I guess thats it.

If you know the post code of the camp then that'll be easier to find, I'm just trying to work out time and costs.

I'll have to buy a tent, although my local outdoor shoppe has a 2 man tent for £40.00 so not too bad, damn, I ain't been in a tent for years.
            Rob

Comment

Seems to be the only Llandovery listed, and it looks to be sort of centralish Wales, so I guess thats it.

If you know the post code of the camp then that'll be easier to find, I'm just trying to work out time and costs.

I'll have to buy a tent, although my local outdoor shoppe has a 2 man tent for £40.00 so not too bad, damn, I ain't been in a tent for years.
              Sleep in the truck - that's what I do!

If you're passing Oxfordshire, you can borrow one of my tents - I've got a 2 man and a 4 man....
              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Post code is SA20 0RD

Cant remember the name of the campsite, but that postcode takes you there.

Comment

Post code is SA20 0RD

Cant remember the name of the campsite, but that postcode takes you there.

Could this be it;

http://www.theaa.com/travel/details/campsite/374583
                  Rob

Comment

Indeed! Bog of the year they got!

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                      Sleep in the truck - that's what I do!

If you're passing Oxfordshire, you can borrow one of my tents - I've got a 2 man and a 4 man....

I think I'm passing everywhere exept Scotland, I'm on the most eastery point of southeast England, just hope the surf is up to the journey.

I've never driven more than about 100 miles in a day in it before, and what with the leaky fuel pump and all.
                      Rob

Comment

Mine's been a dream since the new water pump & cam belt, just flys along...

I'm still trying to work out if I should concentrate on moving house, or have a weekend offroad with Andy again.......

BTW, Andy - seen the pic of you from the weekend in the pics section???
                        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Indeed! Bog of the year they got!

I see their facilties include a hair dryer, I wont menion anything about 3rd geners, incase I end up camped next to one, he he.
                          Rob

Comment

I think I'm passing everywhere exept Scotland, I'm on the most eastery point of southeast England, just hope the surf is up to the journey.

I've never driven more than about 100 miles in a day in it before, and what with the leaky fuel pump and all.

We'll cast you a medal in honour Bob!

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                              Mine's been a dream since the new water pump & cam belt, just flys along...

I'm still trying to work out if I should concentrate on moving house, or have a weekend offroad with Andy again.......

BTW, Andy - seen the pic of you from the weekend in the pics section???

One weekend away won't hurt, and it is the last bank holiday this year.
                              Rob

Comment

We'll cast you a medal in honour Bob!

Mmmmmm.....nice, what is she riding, is that a motorized chemical toilet by any chance??
                                Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X