tailgate question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tailgate question

But not the useual one, if the courier's aint lost it i should be getting my rear wheel bracket soon, so is it possible to adapt my original gate or have i GOT to get one from a rear mounted surf, i'm talking about the internals not the outside cosmetic stuff, i'm sure i adapt that, i'm torn between em realy, i like the rear wheel bit but also like my chrome surround no plate, if the internal working are the same i'm going to try and alter the surroung so it fits on the n/s (chopped ) ta very much
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

THe carrier fits right across in front of the number plate surround. I have a spare if you want one to practice on. There is a plastic infill panel for the recess the chrome jobbie fits into, have you got that coming?? I used the std lights, and added a worklight for a reversing light (well I didn't, jotto did... ) You will also need a number plate light...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
      THe carrier fits right across in front of the number plate surround. I have a spare if you want one to practice on. There is a plastic infill panel for the recess the chrome jobbie fits into, have you got that coming?? I used the std lights, and added a worklight for a reversing light (well I didn't, jotto did... ) You will also need a number plate light...
      Hi mate, i dont have the infill panel comeing with it, been toying with cutting a section out of the no plate panel to make it narrower, but not sure untill the bracket arrives as to how much space is left on the n/s, even thought of makeing a no plate out of it that would fit on or in the spare wheel itself,
      i have fitted those small spots to the spoiler and wired em to the rev light circuit so that should be ok, i can keep my old tails lights, i'll have to look out on ebay for one of those panels, or knock summat up, apart from all this i take to workings inside and the same(ish) no plate light's no prob, cheers

Comment

Yeah the basic tailgate is the same, its just all the extra bits....
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          Yeah the basic tailgate is the same, its just all the extra bits....
          i'll see what i can do with it, whats the worst that can happen, i mess it up and have to get another gate,

Comment

Working...
          X