Originally posted by shirlster
      great news marky
      Thankyou very much Young Lady
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

top man

Well done that man, just go's to show you can't keep a good man down.
        Cheers, Steve

Comment

Great news.........
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

A big cheeeeeeer!!!

Feels good doesn't it?
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

oo oo oo, your not visiting me at work tomorrow are you Marky - bit of a commute!
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Congratulations & glad ya got what ya wanted

There's always a Payback .... Ya just dont see it Comin !!!!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

I'm now thinking have i done the right thing. Its Contracting but theres a few Downsides. 1) £35 per day. 2) Min of £8 per job 3) No car allowance. 4) No fuel allowance.
                  They've told me i can claim 40p a mile back off the TAXMAN.
                  Use an Umberella Company for Payroll services.

I'm fed up Depreseed & very Bored so i felt it was better than nothing.
                  I earnt 28K last year & i dont think i'll see that for a long time.
                  And ive been up all Night with WORRY!!!

SUM = £35 PER DAY x 5 = £175 x 48 = £8400 per Year .

Min £8 per call = £64 @ 8 calls per day.

£35 + £64 = £99 per day x 5 = £ 495. £495 x 48 = £23,760

48 Weeks out of 52 = 4 Weeks Hols = £23,760 - Tax & NI
                  Last edited by marky; 18 August 2007, 08:09.
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

congrats on getting the job but that takes the shine off it a bit, good luck m8
                    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
                      congrats on getting the job but that takes the shine off it a bit, good luck m8
                      I dont get the bit were they said claim 40p a mile back off the TAX.
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                        have got to be VAT registered or something
                        40p a mile thats quite a bit is it not.
                        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Some of the guys at the last job did this instead of a company car they would use their own car and claim the 40p back off the tax man . It is instead of a P11 form which is a company car tax . You need to contact your tax office and they will send you the correct form .
                          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

tax and ni

hey marky, there are some advantages to being paid as a contractor.

you do need to contact the ni contributions office(gateshead i seem to remember) to set up a direct debit to pay your ni contributions, which will be voluntary class five contributions(about 3 quid a week)
                            you need to set aside 20% of your income as tax, but you can claim a tax refund on most goods and services required for you to carry out your business. as for setting up an um brella company the advantage to this is that you used to be able pay yourself say 100 quid a week and pay tax and ni on this , then pay yourself a company dividend of say 300 quid which was tax and ni free!. this has now been stopped.you can claim 40 p a mile(i do) but i get it direct every week. you may be able to claim it direct from the tax money you have put by. you dont need to be vat registered until your turnover exceeds about £56000. im vat registered, so i can claim a vat refund on fuel used as well.

the best thing to do though is find your self an accountant(say £500 quid a year), which is a big outlay BUT they will save you that and more whist you are trading,and give you proper advice to lighten your tax burden. one of our lads earnt about £32000 last year and his accountant worked his magic,he ended up with about 28000 of his income,so on say 25 grand a year , you could feasibly end up with circa $20 000

best thing though is deffo get a good accountant

hope this helps
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

So its better to go Self Employed then?
                              (\__/)
                              (")_(")

Comment

So its better to go Self Employed then?
                                its swings and round abouts!

when you are employed your tax ni and possibly pension are all taken care off.you turn up for work you do your bit you go home.when its time for a holiday you can go safe in the knowlege that your salary is paid,your employment rights are strong and sound, in short its a pretty good comfort zone to be in.

if you are self employed your tax and ni are your responsibility, when you dont work you dont get paid,your salary is usually paid net so you have to make your own deductions,and set aside.you have to keep receipts for EVERYTHING . your employment rights as a contractor are usuallypretty non existent,ie they could probably say to you on a friday afternoon, dont come back monday, with no recourse for you.

it is a bit of a risk being self employed because the onus on getting work is usually down to you, SAYING THAT THOUGH,its not unusual for large companies to employ this way,and contractor or not when you prove your worth, they tend to keep you going as a good hand is $$$$$$ hard to find these days.

there are pros and cons for employed/self employed,im self employed but if someone gave me an offer of normal employment at a good enough rate i would have to very seriously consider !

like before, talk it over with an accountant/small business advisor, there are many out there who will offer you free advice hoping to get your business

good luck
                                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X