T cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T cut

I started "T" cutting and polishing it yesterday, does anyone else have problems useing Tcut on surfs? it was difficult enough on the bonnet and front wings but when i got to a door the ba$terd stuff just would not clean off, eventually i found that if i wiped the worst of it off and then apply'd the autoglym it took the t cut off and still brought the shine up, is it summat to do with the type of laquer or wot,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by ian619
    I started "T" cutting and polishing it yesterday, does anyone else have problems useing Tcut on surfs? it was difficult enough on the bonnet and front wings but when i got to a door the ba$terd stuff just would not clean off, eventually i found that if i wiped the worst of it off and then apply'd the autoglym it took the t cut off and still brought the shine up, is it summat to do with the type of laquer or wot,
    i've found the same thing on the odd occassion i have polished the truck and mines not got laquer on it.I find putting it on with a damp clothe and only doing a small section at a time then polishing it off
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      i've found the same thing on the odd occassion i have polished the truck and mines not got laquer on it.I find putting it on with a damp clothe and only doing a small section at a time then polishing it off
      Not just me then! it was'nt too bad on the bonnet and front wings, took a bit of elbow but christ the door!! sticking the polish straight on made it real easy tho. that just buffs up as normal and gets rid of the t cut, only t cutted it cos there were little specks of beige under seal all over it, even t cutted the windows too, (me fingers are nice and clean )
      BTW very sorry to hear about your hound, been in tears on a few occaisions at the vets myself, ours were pretty good (if a bit expensive) brought the pet out for us to hold, say goodbye etc) a little compassion makes a lot of difference,

Comment

Not just me then! it was'nt too bad on the bonnet and front wings, took a bit of elbow but christ the door!! sticking the polish straight on made it real easy tho. that just buffs up as normal and gets rid of the t cut, only t cutted it cos there were little specks of beige under seal all over it, even t cutted the windows too, (me fingers are nice and clean )
        BTW very sorry to hear about your hound, been in tears on a few occaisions at the vets myself, ours were pretty good (if a bit expensive) brought the pet out for us to hold, say goodbye etc) a little compassion makes a lot of difference,
        yea the bonnet was fairly straight forward but i had trouble with the sides.The tailgate was ok to do aswell.The roof was also a bloomin nightmare but like you say putting the polish on takes it off easily enough

Comment

what is this thing called t-cut???
          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
            what is this thing called t-cut???
            i ain't got a clue what it is, it was a bottle i just found laying around and thought i'd try it on the truck and see what it does

Comment

my car is that metalic reddy colour. i use t-cut restorative polish for dark metallic red cars. people tell me its like new all the time - complete strangers say how well i keep it.
              you need to do it in the shade, and the body work has to be cool to touch. if it isnt then use freezing cold water to cool it down.
              dont use plain t-cut its pants. the red polish i use puts the colour back in and colours in the white scratches the trees make.
              using this info good luck
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                my car is that metalic reddy colour. i use t-cut restorative polish for dark metallic red cars. people tell me its like new all the time - complete strangers say how well i keep it.
                you need to do it in the shade, and the body work has to be cool to touch. if it isnt then use freezing cold water to cool it down.
                dont use plain t-cut its pants. the red polish i use puts the colour back in and colours in the white scratches the trees make.
                using this info good luck
                thats ok but i got a black truck not red...

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                  thats ok but i got a black truck not red...

Tut!

Comment

I used the blue T-cut on my truck. The only lasting effect I noticed was that my hands turned blue.

I need to get a few cans of paint though, some of the scratches on my wheel arches are going to need painting to fix.
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

The doors pick up the road film which means you'r trying to cut it off before the paint or laquor.

T cuts good for lots of things but go to your motor factor and get som G3 cutting paste put it on wet you don't need a pro polisher but it helps remove the scratches if you do.

T cuts good for using with a polish mop and used wet. Go steady on the edges though or you will be down to the primer in the blink of a midgies wing. That's flying really fast on a winday day.
                      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

That cutting paste is good, used it on a repair on my black new yorker, ya could'nt see the join, this is the first time i've seriously t cutted and polished the truck since i got it two years ago, so thought it was due for a good going over, especially since it's been lay'ed up and got covered in overspray and grinding dust etc, you ever tried washing a surf in a garage? bang'ed me head
                        and hands more than enough and got wet though, Dont think a colour polish works on a laqured finish does it? after all your only polishing clear top coat,
                        i was doing it in the garage so sun/heat was'nt the problem, just could'nt figure why some bits came off easier than others, front wings were ok rear and doors were'nt, roofs a bitch, bonnet aint, WTF?

Comment

I use MER, it cuts through all the $$$$, and protects against the sun. makes the truck shine as well
                          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I recommend buying a polishing mop and a gallon of silicon free polish dream show room shine no hastle and more time to spend on other things rather than all day using elbow grease. It's cheeper by the gallon.
                            www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

VERY GOOD! Does it start yet? Thats the question No good being in the SHINEYCLUB if it doesnt run
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X