Originally posted by magnum force
    Er!!!!!!! Yep.

tsk tsk

anarchist
    Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
      got the same prob on my truck fine about 70mph but push it up to about 85
      and temp goes up , got new rad cap , thermostat, new atf ,come to the conclusion its rad that may need changing [i hope]

ps did read before about that bit of foam between rad and grill needs to be there to stop the air just flowing over rad instead of through it
      Ah.. so all that foam I pulled out when taking the front valance off actually does something then...

I can cruise at 80+ on the motorway with rock steady temp gauge. I'd maybe think an about ATF cooler if I was having problems
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Just a personal opinion... I think if you want to do 80+ up a hill all day long in a Surf then you're asking for problems. If you still want to carry on, reading the 3lt overheat problems thread on the aussie forum might be an idea!

Only other thing it can be is that the rad still had some mud or $$$$ int he fins.

Last edited by Rob; 15 August 2007, 23:09.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Maybe it's your huge spotlights in front of the grille that are restricting airflow at speed, kinda deflecting it away instead of through the rad?
          I found this was a problem when mine started to overheat. Now for Summer (what's that) or when I'm towing the caravan, I take the fog lights off and replace the square number plate with a long, thin one. That helps the airflow through the rad (as well as the ATF oil cooler and the bonnet fan/vent) and helps it to normally run in the 80C-90C rang.
          Mike G

Comment

Working...
          X