veg oil on the ferry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veg oil on the ferry

is there a said limit to how much i can take in the back of the truck? i got quite a bit. about 6 tubs ish
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by dieselboy
    is there a said limit to how much i can take in the back of the truck? i got quite a bit. about 6 tubs ish
    Not totally sure what the rules are for veg oil. At the port where I am you can't even bring fuel in the 5 litre containers onto the ferry. So some bright spark pours it down the drain, leving me to sort out the clean out
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Just don't mention that it's for fuel, say you got a mobile fish and chip van parked up in a lay-by somewhere.

Comment

will that work without a tow bar.
        might work if i say they are coming with another truck.

no way im mentioning it for fuel cheers for advice.
        im leaving tomorrow night so will post pics when im back in 2.5 weeks
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Ciao Tony. Sure they have veg oil in Italy????
          www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

If it's in the original containers, then they should have no reason to ask any questions, apart from why you are importing huge quantities of cheap veg oil into a country renowned for its olive oil??

Tell them it'sfor cooking, it won't be a lie coz yoo can cook with it.......apparently...
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

In June I took the ferry to France, had 12 x 20ltrs in the back, and got pulled in by C&E for a random spot check. They asked what it was for, I told them fuel for my truck, which got a giggle and they sent me on my way, nobody else looked at inside my truck.
              Last edited by davidwilson666; 14 August 2007, 19:44.

Comment

When we took the ferry to IOM we had 3 20L jerry cans in the trailer. They stopped us and asked if it was fuel. We said - no its veg oil, the truck runs on it and they said "oh thats fine then"
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                X