Found !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found !!

Well the police found the car today.. 300 yards from where it was stolen from.

They have rolled it down a hill and pushed it down a side street where they have then tried to do the ignition in. In doing this they have ripped most of the dash out on the driver side trying to get it started. What the cozey dunts didnt know is that the switch they ripped off when they smashed the dash in was the switch for the seond fuel tank and the way it was wired ment that if it was disconnected no fuel would go through the electronic switch and pre heater.

For some reason they have even tried to get the clocks out??

Ha ha ha.. thats all I can say.. they even looked to see if there was any fuel in the SVO tank as they couldnt start it.. its empty. They have just left it as non starter...

I am now looking for the following parts if anyone has them lying about.

Full lock kit with key.
    Ignition barrel.
    Hazzard switch.
    Grey plastic panel which is under the steering wheel as mine is now twisted.

The police wont come out and finger print the car due to how it was stolen, what ever that means.. They have left a Leatherman behind with prints on it and 2 hairs stuck in the hinge, but I have to take this into the police.. Well fairs fair then, am I allowed to use the thugs as shooting practice if they are caught.

What may have put the thugs off also is the empty bullet box on the floor from when I was shooting last week

All tools out of the boot gone, as is coat and hiking boots.. but at lest I have the car back.. WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

(I will have to cancel my Range Rover order now.. ) As if I would order another one of them.
    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Glad you got it back, might have a few spares but wont split truck.
    Working at last.......

Comment

Glad you got it back mate
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

nice one MAX, if u want a lift without give me a shout, glad u got it back, sounds like u fooled them , not a normal steel, think i mite do somthing to my truck, like a ballvalve in the fuel line.

Comment

Great news that you got it back mate but sorry to hear about how much damage they caused.
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Glad ya got it back, pity the sods have to do so much damage, hope you damage them if you catch em, pays you to fit some sort of disabler on the truck, fuel or power, or leave a big dog in there,
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thats great, glad you got it back with only minor damage, although an ins company may still write it off, and give you the option to buy back, may be worth investigating.

Usual plod can't be arsed to come out to a crime, want you to do their job for them, lazy b'stards.

I'd claim the leatherman after 30 days as lost property too!

For parts, try long ron silver, he's breaking a '89 and a '92 2.4td, so should have loads of parts.

Again, glad it's back in pretty much one piece.
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Nice one Max so glad you got it back. Hope they get whats coming to them.
                Steve.
                monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Glad to hear that mate, I am very surprised that the police are not sending scenes of crime?? They are very niave of the evidence that could be lost, if they have moved all that stuff and tried to remove parts then there could be DNA etc.

Oh well it's a shame some forces give us all a bad name!!

Dean :copper:
                  "Master you anger, before anger is your master!!"

Comment

phew ! nice when you get it back but sucks about the damage
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Dean K
                      Glad to hear that mate, I am very surprised that the police are not sending scenes of crime?? They are very niave of the evidence that could be lost, if they have moved all that stuff and tried to remove parts then there could be DNA etc.

Oh well it's a shame some forces give us all a bad name!!

Dean :copper:
                      Dean if you are an officer of the law (who i have total respect for) answer this. Why when I had an18k caravan stolen did the police say we wont bother coming out as it rained last night and there will be nothing to look at. Here is your crime number.
                      Steve.
                      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

glad to hear you have got it back just be careful they dont come back
                        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                          glad to hear you have got it back just be careful they dont come back

If you have a concrete drive, you could use one of those bolt down ground anchors, and chain the rear axle to it, at least they wouldn't be able to roll it away.
                          Rob

Comment

[QUOTE=Phantom 18]Dean if you are an officer of the law (who i have total respect for) answer this. Why when I had an18k caravan stolen did the police say we wont bother coming out as it rained last night and there will be nothing to look at. Here is your crime number.
                            Steve.[/QUOTE

We had about 15 BB pellets shot through the front living room window, front bedroom, and car windscreen one halloween night, over £500 in damage, and the plod couldn't be bothered to come out, told me to collect any evidence and bring it to the station, I said " who the fcuk do you think I am.. Quincy?? and then said next year I'd get a shot gun and sit on me front porch and shoot back at the fcukers, but was told I can't take the law into my own hands!.........Well someones got to! coz old bill are only interested in motorists round here, and then only the ones who have registered their cars so they've got an easy target and don't have to work/think too hard.

Thats my opinion based on MY experience!
                            Rob

Comment

Thanks for all your replies guys..

The car was parked at my mates as we where on the lash as I live 15 miles away. When they ransacked the car they found a letter with my name and address on so the car is not parked here just in case they come back for another go.

Once I have the locks sorted and stuff its going in for a big bell and an imobiliser fitted.

I have also dreamed up another security device which I am having lasered out tomorrow so once its made I will post pics, they might be worth getting just in case.

The police have told me that a lot of these cars are being nicked for spares or shipped into Russia for some reason..

Anyway, SOCO wouldnt come out but I have taken the Leatherman into them and they are going to do a DNA on the hairs on it and also do the prints.

I dont want to claim on the insurance as I have a trade policy and for the cost of the repairs or what they will offer me its not worth putting my policy up in Nov, so I will foot the bill for the damage..

Never mind, I have it back, it safe for now and I will make sure its not taken again.. shotgun wired up behind the dash is a good start... he he
                              -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Working...
                              X