Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body-mount bushes

Hi Folks,
    Has anybody fitted urethane body-mount bushes (available from some US sites) and if so, is there any difference in the ride etc.?
    cheers,
    chris
    Powered by Toyota!

Originally posted by chrisinflight
    Hi Folks,
    Has anybody fitted urethane body-mount bushes (available from some US sites) and if so, is there any difference in the ride etc.?
    cheers,
    chris
    I got the bodylift kit from Jotto 2" lift and i find that is ok but i have also a 3-4" suspension lift also and no arb's so i get a little body roll.
    If you are just gonna have the body lift then i can't see that you will have any probs with the ride of it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi Stormforce,
      I`ve got the ali-block bodylift. The body-mount bushes replace the stock rubber bushes and are rumoured to be a very good mod. for less noise, smoother ride and better off-roading stability. I dont think many people do it here in the uk as the rubber bushes are not generally as worn on the surf imports.
      Powered by Toyota!

Comment

mines on poly bushes but I dont know any different - 2 of my body mount bolts have busted though
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I fitted the poly type bushes, got em from surfinstien, also used the larger 12mm bolts that came with em, all seems sturdy enough, (tho i aint had it on the road yet) we'll see i guess
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Are you sure your`e not confusing body lift-blocks with mount-bushes? I`m talking about the rubber body-mount bushes which can be changed with or without a bodylift.
            cheers,
            chris
            Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Body Mount Bushes

So to summarise folks- has anyone fitted the polybush kit in the picture below: (Please note it`s not a bodylift kit!) Does anybody know a uk supplier?
              cheers,
              Powered by Toyota!

Comment

So to summarise folks- has anyone fitted the polybush kit in the picture below: (Please note it`s not a bodylift kit!) Does anybody know a uk supplier?
                cheers,
                Ha i see what you mean now Chris.No i haven't seen them anywhere over here and never even thought of them to tell the truth
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

ooops - what are they? never seen/thought about them either!
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Cant imagine why those things would make a gnats p1ss off difference to be honest.

You take an item thats supposed to be mounted nearly rigid, and replace some bits of it with nearly rigid additions... OK, another way to spend money, but I can think of better ways.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

cheers,
                      Me too, see wot you mean now, no have'nt even heard of these, is the pic supposed to be a full kit? only there aint enough of them, cant see the advantage really, i'd have thought hard rubber absorbed viabration better then hard poly,
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                        Cant imagine why those things would make a gnats p1ss off difference to be honest.

You take an item thats supposed to be mounted nearly rigid, and replace some bits of it with nearly rigid additions... OK, another way to spend money, but I can think of better ways.
                        Hi Apache,
                        Poly-bushes have been used for years instead of rubber!
                        The stock rubber-bushes wear, crack and split and this kit is a cheap improvement replacement mod. It`s also complete in the pic with 10 bushes. It`s available from Roger Brown/4crawler for about £90. Some guys swear it to be the best mod. they have done.