Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Alloy wheels

Is It possible to paint alloy wheels?

Im fairly happy with the set ive got but i want a black on black theme really, But rather then get new rims is it possible to just paint what ive got?

One is in not so good condition but the rest aint too bad!

Thats the best pic ive got of them!!

Whats the opinions lads?

you can paint alloys but you need to use an alloy primer [halfrauds ]
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

yep it sure is.rub the knarly bits down with some wet and dry.then get some steel wool and key the alloy so the paint will stick.you would be better off using an etch primer base then a top coat or two of the very finest black.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
        you can paint alloys but you need to use an alloy primer [halfrauds ]
        So is that it? Spray on an alloy primer and then just black spray paint ?

Would be amazing if that is it!

Comment

didn't see the spray primer , but they may do it
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
            yep it sure is.rub the knarly bits down with some wet and dry.then get some steel wool and key the alloy so the paint will stick.you would be better off using an etch primer base then a top coat or two of the very finest black.
            Great stuff!!

Cheers mate, i'll crack on with that over the next few weeks! (weather permiting)

Comment

Be shame to put paint on them there alloys, if ya using wet n dry to smooth em off, ya just aswell buff em up !!!1

There's always a Payback .... Paintin ya alloys Black !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
                Be shame to put paint on them there alloys, if ya using wet n dry to smooth em off, ya just aswell buff em up !!!1

There's always a Payback .... Paintin ya alloys Black !!!!

the problem is i really really want black wheels! I can get a set of grey mod's, £150 for 5 delivered! 16"x7" but im not sure on what backspace they have, They would be easier to paint, true! But i dunno!

ahhh, You've put doubt in my mind

Comment

Let us know how you get on if you decide to paint em!!
                  Would love to paint mine in grey or black.
                  www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

If you go to a trade auto paint supplier, Morelli might cover your area, ask for an aerosol can of 'Upol acid 8'. Its a proper etch primer thats not available outside the trade unless you know where to look for it. One can's big enough to put two coats on 4 wheels. After prepping the wheels, de-grease (white spirit will do) prime them, let flash off for 15mins or so and straight on with your colour coat. No need to sand or key up the primer as long as you top coat within that time span, and get a disposable carbon filter mask cos etch primer's nasty stuff!
                    Anyway its a two by four most of the time....

Comment

Working...
                    X