Gas stove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas stove?

Just bought a new camping stove by Campingaz. But cant get a gas bottle for it anywhere.

So can i get a regulator for a butane bottle(4.5kg) and use that or a regulater off a bbq and use the patio gas stuff?????????????

Cheers
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

I wouldn't ahve thought there would be any issues usign a different regulator, I'll have a root around and see what info I can find.

What type of Campinggaz stove did you buy?
    There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Not being a gas engineer I don't know for sure but if it's like the standard Calor butane bottles then asc long as it's running on the same pressure you ought to be able to substitute the regulator nfor a Calor type and still get it to work.

Best bet is to take it to a caravan dealer that supplies gas and they should be able to confirm if a Calor regulator should work.
      Mike G

Comment

depends if its butane or propane anyway blue or red bottles gas in which case youll have to make sure you got the right connecter/regulater most camping shops will advise you which one you need

Comment

Originally posted by smiffy
          Just bought a new camping stove by Campingaz. But cant get a gas bottle for it anywhere.

So can i get a regulator for a butane bottle(4.5kg) and use that or a regulater off a bbq and use the patio gas stuff?????????????

Cheers
          Simple answer is:- Yes you can
          Trust your Hound.

Comment

I can tell you one thing I am not and that is a gass expert. Years ago when my father inlaw used to live in me garden! I plugged a blue gass bottle into his caravan and the gas fire blew up and caused a gas explosion. Someone told me I should have used a big orange bottle instead oops.
            www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

The main difference between red & blue is the temp they "gas" at.

Red ones will still work below freezing, but cost slightly more per kg (cylinders often same price but contain slightly less)

Used to be able to use either when had motorhome, but left it on red for winter use as could be bothered to keep changing the regs.
              My other cars a QUAD
              (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
              http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Where to get campingaz from....
                http://www.campingaz.com/sunbeam/dis..._cartridge.htm

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot
                  The main difference between red & blue is the temp they "gas" at.

Red ones will still work below freezing, but cost slightly more per kg (cylinders often same price but contain slightly less)

Used to be able to use either when had motorhome, but left it on red for winter use as could be bothered to keep changing the regs.
                  That's the one I remember someone telling me at the time something about low and high pressure regulators
                  www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

propane - red
                    butane - blue

father used to use propane for his gas torch when fixing piping. The gas stove i have use the blue with the regulator for it.

As already stated it comes down to operating pressures and temperatures
                    Gaz

Comment

most appliances that can burn LPG (liquid petrolium gas) butane or propane can burn either, the difference between the calorific values are evened out by the supply pressures, having said that what was mentioned earlier about the boil point is a valid one, so if you are planning to use it in the cold play safe and go for propane. Adjustable and fixed rate govenors/regulators are availlable as are adaptors from www.bes.co.uk freephone 0800 801090, freefax 0800 281188 or freepost BES
                      they stock over 11000 plumbing and gas supply parts with free next day delivery on orders over £40, £4.95 if under
                      I have found them to be good with most things in stock, based in Birmingham you can pick up from them with 1 Hr notice
                      hope this is helpfull
                      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                      Tony

Comment

Working...
                      X