White dials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White dials

Anyone got any pics of any fitted day and night shots?

Im tempted by a set but not 100% sure about it.

Originally posted by RodLeach
    Anyone got any pics of any fitted day and night shots?

Im tempted by a set but not 100% sure about it.

Give 'Antshiel' a shout, he took some photos but they've disapeared from the forum. I have the same dials, £45 from here.....

http://www.visual-performance.co.uk/

Comment

DO they look as good as they do in the ebay add?? are they bright at night?

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler
        DO they look as good as they do in the ebay add?? are they bright at night?
        Yes,. The only downside to them is that the needles aren't as bright now, buy still visible.

Comment

Just ordered the set on ebay

If there a way to change the bulb for the needles? Cuz one of mine is a bit dead

Comment

hello which set did you get was it the £34.99 ones i was thinking of doing mine let me know how easy or hard it is to change ive read that the speedo cable is a bit short

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GENERAL
              hello which set did you get was it the £34.99 ones i was thinking of doing mine let me know how easy or hard it is to change ive read that the speedo cable is a bit short

Yours is a 1994 Surf, so you'll have an electronic speedo which is a multi-plug connected at the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GENERAL
                Yeah it was the 34.99 ones, I'll post pics etc when they arrive and there fitted.

I looked at the 'how to' on codlords site, seems simple enough to get access to the cluster, but as you said, speedo cable is a bit short!

We shall see! fingers crossed

Comment

Yeah it was the 34.99 ones, I'll post pics etc when they arrive and there fitted.

I looked at the 'how to' on codlords site, seems simple enough to get access to the cluster, but as you said, speedo cable is a bit short!

We shall see! fingers crossed

Rod, yours should be the electronic speedo too.

Easiest way to tell is if there is a pin for the speedo needle to rest on at zero.

Comment

Of course you could get flash, and get some LED beamers and mount em on the steering binnacle to highlight the guages.

They are scarce but there are colour change beamers out there, I have a pair that cannot keep in step, that could make your gauges impressive in the dark.

Trev
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Rod, yours should be the electronic speedo too.

Easiest way to tell is if there is a pin for the speedo needle to rest on at zero.

Ahh!! of course Codlords is a preface lift! With old style heater controls too! god knows how you get the ones out in the facelift model!

Happy days

Comment

Ahh!! of course Codlords is a preface lift! With old style heater controls too! god knows how you get the ones out in the facelift model!

Happy days

You remove the instrument cluster exactly the same way, except there are three or four multi-plugs to remove from the rear of it enstaed of a speedo cable. Don't worry about re-assembly, you can't re-fit them in the wrong holes.

Comment

What bout the heater controls with the buttons on?

Comment

thanks vince now its more tempting to do it

Comment

What bout the heater controls with the buttons on?

The slider knobs just pull off, and the push button/clock surround prises off from the passenger side.

Comment

Working...
                              X