Zil 131 Workshop truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zil 131 Workshop truck

I went to the War and Peace show in Kent this time last week, and had a very good look at a truck that I've been thinking of buying for some time. I couldn't believe the condition of it. 1000KMs on the clock from new, yes, 1000KMs on the clock. It was fitted with a 100% servicable radio and jamming system, 12KVA generator. There was loads of stuff in the drawers that was still in the original wrapping, it's hardly been used. Unfortunately it's been sold, BUT he is importing another similar truck in about 3 weeks that I'm going to look at.

This one is a workshop truck. It has a front winch, welding bottles and what looks like a portable welder or generator in the back. It's got a decent work bench in the back with lots of drawers etc. Central tyre inflation system, diesel powered aux rear compartment heater and it's NBC filtration protected. It's fitted with a Zil V8 petrol multifuel engine, 7-8mpg?? MOT and Tax exempt, what do you think? I want it for the shows I do, and to use as a camper.

Trouble is the price, £5,500 +VAT

Here is one off road,
    http://www.russiantruck.co.uk/movies/zildenver01.wmv
    Last edited by M35A2; 26 July 2007, 16:12.

awesome truck - love it
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

"and to use as a camper"

Camper? - It's bigger than some of the starter homes for sale around here!!
      Keith

Comment

Even at 7 mpg, you could make a fortune with that round the floods, tow em out, cook em breakfast, sell em a go in the shower, and run their house of the genny for a bit!
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          Even at 7 mpg, you could make a fortune with that round the floods, tow em out, cook em breakfast, sell em a go in the shower, and run their house of the genny for a bit!

Great idea. Maybe I could bring it to all the Surf off road events. I could fit a cooker and cook egg and bacon banjos and sell to the hungry mob. Then if they get stuck, tow them out for a reasonable fee???

Comment

What is it about military vehicles ?????

A mate of mile is in the process of buying a Czech built OT-90 (a licensed copy of the Soviet BMP-1) - basically a bl00dy great tracked armoured personnel carrier to go with his Stalwart and his 110 Lame Rover ......

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Like Military planes They are big , break all the rules, can handle percussive maintenance, and have the uncanny knack of emptying your wallet painlessly !
              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h
                Like Military planes They are big , break all the rules, can handle percussive maintenance, and have the uncanny knack of emptying your wallet painlessly !

Yes, they very much empty your wallet, but owning a Surf has the same effect, so no difference there then!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

What is it about military vehicles ?????

A mate of mile is in the process of buying a Czech built OT-90 (a licensed copy of the Soviet BMP-1) - basically a bl00dy great tracked armoured personnel carrier to go with his Stalwart and his 110 Lame Rover ......

Is he buying from the same dealer??

http://www.russiantruck.co.uk/tracked1.html

Comment

I suspect that he may be - he mentioned something about €225000 refurbishment ........

Comment

I suspect that he may be - he mentioned something about €225000 refurbishment ........

Are you sure he's not getting an OT-64? As I was told the same thing when looking at one of these last week.

http://www.russiantruck.co.uk/truck11.html

Comment

Very good

BUT

On Salisbury Plain woodzie can still kill a Tatra 813 !!
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I may have been a REME tech but I can tell the difference between wheels and tracks ......

Comment

I may have been a REME tech but I can tell the difference between wheels and tracks ......

Are you sure he isn't getting one with removable rubber tracks???

Comment

Awesome truck! Only trouble is do you think Halfords will keep the spares for it?
                              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
                              X