Mud Gets Respect :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mud Gets Respect :)

Coming home today the fuel warning light came on. I figured I had enough to get home so I carried on. Wrong, truck conked out at a set of lights less than half a mile from the fuel stop. So I jump out, push her to the side of the road, and get the jerry can out the boot and start filling up. A woman stopped at the lights coming the other way shouted over to me "It's good to see a 4x4 that has obviously been used for the purpose that it's been designed for, well done." I smiled, and thanked her.

Made me feel good, and happy I hadn't given the Surf a wash after playing this weekend.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

You should have asked her to wash it for you
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

On the way home from last years Run to the Sun I stopped in Newquay.

Two old biddies came up to the truck and started fiddling with all the mud that was dried onto the arches - pair of nutters! In broad Newcastle accents they then started going on about 'cleg' whatever that is LOL
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo

Two old biddies came up to the truck and started fiddling with all the mud that was dried onto the arches - pair of nutters! In broad Newcastle accents they then started going on about 'cleg' whatever that is LOL
        hopefully it'll be wetter and better this year Andrew
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I'd have punched them! That mud was hard earned!!! Tell 'em to get their own, bl00dy csounging Geordies
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
            Coming home today the fuel warning light came on. I figured I had enough to get home so I carried on. Wrong, truck conked out at a set of lights less than half a mile from the fuel stop. So I jump out, push her to the side of the road, and get the jerry can out the boot and start filling up. A woman stopped at the lights coming the other way shouted over to me "It's good to see a 4x4 that has obviously been used for the purpose that it's been designed for, well done." I smiled, and thanked her.

Made me feel good, and happy I hadn't given the Surf a wash after playing this weekend.
            Id have just felt guilty. Heres this poor woman, all deluded , thinking that youve been out, nobly working the land or caring for the forests, when all youve been doing is taking your toy to a puddle to play. Shame on you

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
              Id have just felt guilty. Heres this poor woman, all deluded , thinking that youve been out, nobly working the land or caring for the forests, when all youve been doing is taking your toy to a puddle to play. Shame on you

Bogus
              Heh heh, me, feel guilty.... naaaaaah!
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo

Well bonny lad, recon they were referring to 'Clag' wot is mud in these parts as a 'cleg' is a sort of horse fly that bites like hell. Was surprised that you had trouble understanding what the were saying, I recall someone once saying that ' Welsh are just like Geordie's, they don't speak they sing, and if you haven't got the music your buggered'

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle
                  Well bonny lad, recon they were referring to 'Clag' wot is mud in these parts as a 'cleg' is a sort of horse fly that bites like hell. Was surprised that you had trouble understanding what the were saying, I recall someone once saying that ' Welsh are just like Geordie's, they don't speak they sing, and if you haven't got the music your buggered'

Spoggle
                  so, what's that stuff you need to shake outh the bottom of the fire??

and isn't cleg, the bloke off "last of the summer wine"?
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                  X