not surf.....but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not surf.....but

In Autocar this week they had the new porsche cayenne v Suzuki Jimny offroad, and the little zooky whipped it 70k v 9k not bad eh, mind you road manners didnt come into it, the porker does some obscene 0-60 time and the little suzy does it in about 5 mins, Good to see the porsche being brought down a peg or two though
    Josh

Originally posted by Josh
    In Autocar this week they had the new porsche cayenne v Suzuki Jimny offroad, and the little zooky whipped it 70k v 9k not bad eh, mind you road manners didnt come into it, the porker does some obscene 0-60 time and the little suzy does it in about 5 mins, Good to see the porsche being brought down a peg or two though
    Josh
    I only saw pics of the cayenne for the first time recently, at first I thought it was a revamped Hyundai Santa Fa !!!! So much for Porches normally excellent styling.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Porsche has given into the masses with their newer cars. I was lucky enough to drive a 911 and 944 turbo..... Wow what sweet cars, but the newer stuff is just not as raw. As for their attempt at a offroad 4x4....

Comment

chopper

Hi Josh

Totally off topic but what's the story behind the pic of the helicopter? It's a beauty! Been a big fan of the Hughes/MD 500 since the days of Magnum PI etc. and one day I WILL get a ride in one!!

Simon

Comment

i really dont see the point of a 90k offroader , i mean the extent of off road will be two wheels on the kurb while picking the brats up from school and then they will be on the zigzags outside the school , you know the markings i mean he ones put there to stop people from parking where the split ar$e mums in the bmws and range rovers and mercs park.
          sorry bout that shall i get off my soap box now?
          so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Originally posted by super8simon
            Hi Josh

Totally off topic but what's the story behind the pic of the helicopter? It's a beauty! Been a big fan of the Hughes/MD 500 since the days of Magnum PI etc. and one day I WILL get a ride in one!!

Simon
            Hi Simon, I recently got my turbine and type rating for the md 500, they are beasts in the air compared to an r22, next step is my cpl(commercial pilots licence) but it is a lot of £££££'s that is why I train in NZ. It doesn't cost much to switch a licence over to be acknowleged here.
            hope this clears up the piccy question.
            Josh

Comment

Hi Simon, I recently got my turbine and type rating for the md 500, they are beasts in the air compared to an r22, next step is my cpl(commercial pilots licence) but it is a lot of £££££'s that is why I train in NZ. It doesn't cost much to switch a licence over to be acknowleged here.
              Josh
              just dont wear a towel on your head when you sit the exam
              jim.b.

1990 SSR LTD 2LTE auto
              1985 SR V8 4.4 litre manual

Comment

Josh
                Nice work Josh

If I ever get my arse over to NZ, and it might just happen one of these days (a good friend of mine is getting wed to a kiwi girl in Christchurch in January) I'll be looking you up for a scenic thrill ride!

Simon

Comment

Working...
                X