Veg oil (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg oil (again)

My local tesco's doesn't do the 15l drums of KTC veg oil, it does do corn oil in 20l drums and sunflower oil in 20l drums though. From what i've read corn oils not good, what about the sunflower oil though? Probably already been answered somewhere, but i couldn't find it.

AFAIK veg oil is a blend of rapeseed, sunflower and something else anyway.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

what do tesco charge for their 20lt drums??
    Makro's price is up to £10.69 again.
    might buy from tesco and have it delivered if the price is right!!
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
      My local tesco's doesn't do the 15l drums of KTC veg oil, it does do corn oil in 20l drums and sunflower oil in 20l drums though. From what i've read corn oils not good, what about the sunflower oil though? Probably already been answered somewhere, but i couldn't find it.

AFAIK veg oil is a blend of rapeseed, sunflower and something else anyway.
      I know it apears a silly answer but veg oil is whatever it says on the tin, could be rape, corn, sunflower, peanut, in fact any plant based oil or blend of oils, rape is normally the cheapest in the UK but aparently not sold in the USA as it is believed to be carsonagenic (must be wrong spelling!) where they sell more palm, peanut and corn oil, I think the only thing that you must be carefull of is the viscosity, esp in the cold. As I understand it in this country if it is not liquid (and OK to burn for us!) it must be sold as vegetable fat (semi or solid - bit of a job to push down the fuel pipe!!) I havn't heard of any problems with any veg oil
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
        what do tesco charge for their 20lt drums??
        Makro's price is up to £10.69 again.
        might buy from tesco and have it delivered if the price is right!!
        think it was under £11 can't remember exactly, i'm temted to get an order going at my local store so i pick up say 2 drums at a time and when i pick them up they automatically order me 2 more. I'll have to get me mom to have a chat with customer services as she works there.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
          I know it apears a silly answer but veg oil is whatever it says on the tin, could be rape, corn, sunflower, peanut, in fact any plant based oil or blend of oils, rape is normally the cheapest in the UK but aparently not sold in the USA as it is believed to be carsonagenic (must be wrong spelling!) where they sell more palm, peanut and corn oil, I think the only thing that you must be carefull of is the viscosity, esp in the cold. As I understand it in this country if it is not liquid (and OK to burn for us!) it must be sold as vegetable fat (semi or solid - bit of a job to push down the fuel pipe!!) I havn't heard of any problems with any veg oil
          Cheers i'll go have a look see if it says anything in english, find out what i'm using now.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Answered this question yesterday in tech:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=35041&page=4

Also, the link to a chart of the various oil specifics is in the veg oil thread.

Comment

Working...
            X