Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job interview - wish me luck :)

excited i have to tell someone!
    some of you might remember from a while back about me moaning about doing IT support?
    well now ive gone back to my old job, a colleauge from the next building got his promotion and wants me to fill his old job!! training will be sorted with various courses, and ill be under his wing.
    its what ive wanted for a long time - someone to teach me the ropes as it were.
    ill be doing windows server orientated things as well as cisco. he wants a multi skilled person as some people are saying i only do cisco not server so thats all im doing etc.
    ive got to do some serious reading this weekend. And sort my CV which im rubbish at doing ANd make sure im not too nervous for the interview on monday. probably going to be him and the top bloke down there too.
    the money will be a lot better too, the situation right now we are just coping. any extra expenses really sets me back.
    ill be gutted if it all goes pear shaped
    i will have to cancell the electrician course ive booked to start in september

does any of you work with servers?
    ive done my ccna, and have learnt as i go with access rights, arcserve backup, tape rotations. i have 3 massive books to seive through plus my old college work before monday... i thought i had a couple of weeks but things have started moving quickly all of a sudden.

so you can all wish me luck for monday !
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

best of luck @ think positive
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Best of luck. Fingers crossed.

Don't get too nervous. Just remember with the server side of things, a lot of the chaps who do them daily only know part of what they do with any depth. Give brief, relative replies to any questions and you should be okay. As long as they think you have an idea, so to speak.

Comment

All the best have confidence in yourself.

fingers crossed.

JB
        www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

thanks you lot.
          ill have to skim through those books i was given this weekend after i have fixed the surf some more saturday morning. (lecky aerial, arb bushes, pinhole in top of rad, spray bash plate)
          earlyish night tonight then
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Best of luck mate!!

My support days are long behind me, and my CCIE, MCSE, MCSA, CCNE, ECNE, CCA, CCNA accreditations all count for 0 in my job....

Does your firm have offices in Manchester too ???? I know someone on here that would be interested in server support stuff, as well as Cisco but is based in Manchester -

As for the CV - keep it to two pages, otherwise it gets tedious to read and will not impress - it has to be succinct, to the point and no waffle....

Hope it all works out for you - and BE POSITIVE!!!
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
              CCIE, MCSE, MCSA, CCNE, ECNE, CCA, CCNA
              youve done all them? thing is, my ccna runs out next year unless i take another exam. there are 1 week full time intensive courses for those though so i could just do one of them if that happens.
              ive got an mcse cybex book and a windows server 2003 book to read this weekend.
              thanks for the tips!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Luck don't come in to it!!! I'm sure you'll impress with your vast knowledge LOL
                www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Bugger off and break a leg
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                    Best of luck mate!!

My support days are long behind me, and my CCIE, MCSE, MCSA, CCNE, ECNE, CCA, CCNA accreditations all count for 0 in my job....

Does your firm have offices in Manchester too ???? I know someone on here that would be interested in server support stuff, as well as Cisco but is based in Manchester -

As for the CV - keep it to two pages, otherwise it gets tedious to read and will not impress - it has to be succinct, to the point and no waffle....

Hope it all works out for you - and BE POSITIVE!!!
                    GOOD MAN! I'm a DELL Hardware guy Laptops through to Servers.
                    Ive never had need to do any ADMIN stuff in my JOB so thats were i lack any in house Experience.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

You GO girl!!!

If I can do it, anyone can!
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                      X