calling all pooter experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling all pooter experts

How can i save all my favorites list when reformatting my hard drive?

also will a power fault be a an hardware problem or is it poss that its an software problem? ( on a laptop)
    CHEERS JOHN................

power fault is generally hardware. either battery, or motherboard im my short experience

if you go:
    c:\documents and settings\[username]\favorites\ the favorites are in there do this all the time..

pls explain ur power fault?

**just to add, if your talking about excessive power drain, and it only happens when you have something plugged in to a usb port then its because of the bug in windows. go to microsofts search page for a fix to this.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

If you are using windows xp then do the following:

Find the system tools folder, usually located in the accessories folder

Use the file and settings transfer wizard.

Hope this helps
      My other cars a QUAD
      (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
      http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

I saved my favourites to a 1 GB flash drive, and update it when I add to favs.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
          power fault is generally hardware. either battery, or motherboard im my short experience

if you go:
          c:\documents and settings\[username]\favorites\ the favorites are in there do this all the time..

pls explain ur power fault?

**just to add, if your talking about excessive power drain, and it only happens when you have something plugged in to a usb port then its because of the bug in windows. go to microsofts search page for a fix to this.
          Power fault= Laptop will shut off without notice when battery not in, when battery in power goes back to battery then runs the battery out and shuts down. ive tested the power cable with a multimetre over a 5 min period and there is no power drop! if i notice that the batterys arnt charging then i can remove the power cable and refit , sometimes this will sort it! till the next time!! sometimes it can be very frequent..

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot
            If you are using windows xp then do the following:

Find the system tools folder, usually located in the accessories folder

Use the file and settings transfer wizard.

Hope this helps
            never used file transfer wizard, whats it do exactly? whenevr we re-profile or swap someone out at work, we remote in and copy desktop, favorites, my docs (minus .ost and not needed outlook rubbish) also e2k.nk2 file, signatures, not yet found any config file for printers or network drives but they must be there somewhere!
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by slim
              Power fault= Laptop will shut off without notice when battery not in, when battery in power goes back to battery then runs the battery out and shuts down. ive tested the power cable with a multimetre over a 5 min period and there is no power drop! if i notice that the batterys arnt charging then i can remove the power cable and refit , sometimes this will sort it! till the next time!! sometimes it can be very frequent..
              sounds like charging/power (on hp's its actually on the motherboard so i would say motherboard fault) = new one.
              is yours still in warranty?
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                sounds like charging/power (on hp's its actually on the motherboard so i would say motherboard fault) = new one.
                is yours still in warranty?

Thats why I pay extra for the 3 yr warrentee on these unreliable puter thingys
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

nah m8 let it run out....doh!!!

and its an hp!!!

Comment

oh what hp? hope its not a nc6000, hard drives and motherboards go every other week on them. just last week we had 3! all seperate, so in total 6 laptops with issues.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

nah its a zv5000

Comment

Working...
                      X