Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie saying hi.

Hi all.

im jay. im 24. i currently dont own a surf but im looking forward to getting one in a couple of months time. im planning to use it for traveling around europe and carting my mountain bike about.

I just thought i would come on here and say hi and ask a couple of questions that ive been pondering.

if i import one from japan, will i have to underseal it? i know the climate is different there and fresh imports might not be prepared for the uk's harsh weather. The last thing i want is my new surf to start rusting in a few months after i get it.

Is there any advantage/ disadvantage about having the spare wheel on the tailgate or under the back end? is it better to have it on the tailgate for off roading pouposes, or is it just personal preferance on which looks better?

im hoping to get a generation 2 surf in as good nick as possible. im aiming for a ssr-g but would get an ssr-x if a nice one turned up. What is the main differances between the two? is it worth holding out for a g? or are the extras on them just a lot of stuff that you hardly ever use? e.g, cruise contol.

Also, do all gen 2 surfs come with the electric rear window?

Sorry if these questions are what you've heard i million times before, but i just thought id ask so i know 100% what i want to buy.

cheers

jay

Get a surf by all means, but join a saner forum. We are all nuts on here. Welcome.
    Working at last.......

Comment

The chassis will need a good waxoyling to protect it. Spare wheel is preference. It tucks up pretty much between the chassis rails, so doesn't hang low, so to speak. Model wise, it rarely means bugger all. There were that many options you could order when they were manufactured, the badges mean very little. Only thing that the G's usually have that the others don't are Recaro seats.

Edit: Yes, they all have the same rear door design on the second gens.
      Last edited by MattF; 12 July 2007, 21:40.

Comment

cool, cheers. the recaros was one of the things i really wanted. i test drove one with recaros and instantly realised i wanted then because they were so comfortable. so it looks like a G it is. unless i buy some seperatly.

cheers

jay

Comment

Have seen a couple of recaros in the s$$$$y, drivers seat could do with tarting up, if you know anyone in the trade.
          Working at last.......

Comment

Hi Jay and welcome

Comment

go for the 3.0 ltr not the 2.4,have a look in the for sale section on this site,theres always a few to choose from.welcome to the surf emporium of pleasure.happy surfing.oh and you will find that the standard seats are very comfy too.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                go for the 3.0 ltr not the 2.4,have a look in the for sale section on this site,theres always a few to choose from.welcome to the surf emporium of pleasure.happy surfing.oh and you will find that the standard seats are very comfy too.
                Have to agree with Mark on this, its the most comfy drive i've had.
                Working at last.......

Comment

HI Jay,

Go for the latest model you can afford and prefereably a 3.0L as they've more power for about the same fuel consumption as a 2.4L and don't suffer with nearly as many head problems.

Oh, and as you are planning to take it abroad, it might be sensible to let TonyN down near Basingstoke, give it a $$$$$$ good service before you venture off into the wilds of Europe.
                  Mike G

Comment

OK, would you all stop sh***ing on the 2.4s, thank you!

p.s. Hi Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      OK, would you all stop sh***ing on the 2.4s, thank you!

p.s. Hi Jay.
                      why !your putting a v8 in arnt you.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                        why !your putting a v8 in arnt you.

Yeah, but it's still not nice to hear, plus I'll want to sell my old engine and tranny!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          Yeah, but it's still not nice to hear, plus I'll want to sell my old engine and tranny!!
                          does the mrs know you have a tranny.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Thanks for the replys. im defo getting a 3litre. and i will definatly keep up with the servicing. epcially when going abroad. im planning to go to germany next month to give my car a good sending off round the nurburgring. so providing its still in one peice when i get back, i'll start looking for a surf.

it will be my first time driving abroad. any advice?

cheers

jay

Comment

Originally posted by JayC
                              Thanks for the replys. im defo getting a 3litre. and i will definatly keep up with the servicing. epcially when going abroad. im planning to go to germany next month to give my car a good sending off round the nurburgring. so providing its still in one peice when i get back, i'll start looking for a surf.

it will be my first time driving abroad. any advice?

cheers

jay
                              dont drive on the right.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X