CO2 Powertanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 Powertanks

I came across PowerTank a while back, and really fancied one. For those that haven't heard of them before they're basically a system for inflating tyres *very* quickly (just watch the vid on the homepage), and also running air tools whilst out on the trail. They're much quicker and more versatile than pretty much any other portable air system. However, they're none too cheap.

Then I came across this site with details of a home made version. Would anyone who knows about CO2 bottles - most likely from welding experience, care to comment on the system? How easy is it to get the right parts here in the UK? How much?
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Ain't you got a local welding bottle supplier you can get a price from? Think suitable kit is also used by divers, so if you have a local sports outfit or divers club. I know one of the sites has a writeup using diving kit. Just can't remember which one.

Comment

If I were you I would get the cylinder first, do you have friends either in the licenced trade or fire extinguishers - beer gas is CO2 as are fire ext for electrical fires (used to be black, now all red) the rest of the fittings etc easilly sorced from BOC or the like, If you get realy good friends the fills wont be dear either, If you are going down this road get the best tubing you can and keep it in date - braded might be a good idea - you could probably use any inert gas - welding mig gas but I suspect the rental cost and refill charge would not be good !
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
        I came across PowerTank a while back, and really fancied one. For those that haven't heard of them before they're basically a system for inflating tyres *very* quickly (just watch the vid on the homepage), and also running air tools whilst out on the trail. They're much quicker and more versatile than pretty much any other portable air system. However, they're none too cheap.

Then I came across this site with details of a home made version. Would anyone who knows about CO2 bottles - most likely from welding experience, care to comment on the system? How easy is it to get the right parts here in the UK? How much?
        Try your local friendly Landlord . I got a very large CO2 bottle full of Gas for £16. The rest of the parts can be got from your welder supply shop or even Machinemart
        PS. The colour of CO2 bottles for foodstuff or beer pumping are grey.
        Last edited by Taliesins; 12 July 2007, 08:25.
        Trust your Hound.

Comment

local council tips do get cylinders as well, but note you can only get the correct gas put in the correct cylinder, so propane and butane are out!!!!
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

Also chech the test date on any co2 clyinder ........they shoud be tested every 3 years....(or was it five) It's such a long time since i had to know..............
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
            X