• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselboy
    found a writeup by copy cat
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ht=rear+window
    this may be whats happened to mine. sounds a mission to me
    wouldnt be so bad if i had my own tools...
    ill wip it out tomorrow and have a look. worste case i can swap it with a passenger one but i dont want to, to be honest
    30 min job looks more involved than it is..tools do help though

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
          30 min job looks more involved than it is..tools do help though
          will give it a go tomorrow
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs

Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Comment

I've got a spare window motor

I've got a spare motor out of a celica passenger window if you want it. I paid £15 from a breaker you can have it for that + p+p. Don't mention it to bibs as he probably doesn't have much faith in me due to failure to communicate over a towbar...hope thats sorted now. Sorry Bibs
                email lukenicol@aol.com or txt yo 07930246345
                cheers
                dinna say eh?....say fit?

Comment

Originally posted by leo's dad
                  I've got a spare motor out of a celica passenger window if you want it. I paid £15 from a breaker you can have it for that + p+p. Don't mention it to bibs as he probably doesn't have much faith in me due to failure to communicate over a towbar...hope thats sorted now. Sorry Bibs
                  email lukenicol@aol.com or txt yo 07930246345
                  cheers
                  he's a she! i think..

ill take the motor if i cant fix it tonight. so if you can hang on to it for another night or two that will be fab!

Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

he most def a she!!

I am embarrased to say (sexist pig) that I assumed she was a he. Having now spoken to Her I am now in the Know. no probs with the motor anytime..or you might even bodge yours back together
                    cheers
                    dinna say eh?....say fit?

Comment

fingers crossed i can repair mine. saves me money i dont really have too!
                      cheers again.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

woo hoo!
                        took it all apart and it seemed i had the same prob that copycat did.
                        but there was no way i was going to glue it.. pfff
                        so i took out the rubber with the two metal discs each side and joined the two discs by welding them together with the rubber sandwiched in between. i used tig, and joined thick welding rod to each side. done it in 3 places to give it some strength. there is plenty of room to use something more, like some thin bar or even 5p pieces i reckon..
                        once this was done i put it all back together and slotted the tiny gear through. i dunno how it used to stay in there but wouldnt anymore, so i fused them together (where they join its oval so they grip) i didnt add any metal, i just fused what was there already.
                        put it all back together with some grease in the unit, as well as silicone spraying all the window mechanism and rubber runners.
                        flies up now! and because there is no glue, just metal i expect it to last forever!
                        took about 45 mins tops
                        hardest part was getting the window up so i could get the motor out, and then getting my hands in there to get the motor out. similar pain getting it back in.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Oddly enough I had to fix mine tonight too (window stuck halfway- motor still going). Found out the rubber disk had parted. Took photo's and was going to do a write up....Copycat beat me to it though by a few weeks!!! Wish I had read it first- but managed to repair mine with the motor in situ though. Looks like a different mechanism on my Surf-just prised the back cover off the worm wheel assembly no need to remove the motor.
                          Last edited by laser_jock99; 13 July 2007, 00:13.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
                            Oddly enough I had to fix mine tonight too (window stuck halfway- motor still going). Found out the rubber disk had parted. Took photo's and was going to do a write up....Copycat beat me to it though by a few weeks!!! Wish I had read it first- but managed to repair mine with the motor in situ though. Looks like a different mechanism on my Surf-just prised the back cover off the worm wheel assembly no need to remove the motor.
                            your right. i was thinking that when i was putting it all back together. how did you fix yours? seems a bit $$$$ how the metal is glued to the rubber. my uncle and his mate said it looks like its made to break!
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by leo's dad
                              I am embarrased to say (sexist pig) that I assumed she was a he. Having now spoken to Her I am now in the Know. no probs with the motor anytime..or you might even bodge yours back together
                              cheers
                              Ha ha no worries mate - don't worry about the delay - no rush. Recommend anyone to do business with ya.

Nice chattin to you look forward to the towbar - as I said abut the Surf - maybe third time lucky eh.

Comment

Working...
                              X