damn you! rear window! FIXED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn you! rear window! FIXED!

went out just a min ago to use the back window for something to sit on/use as shelf for me and the rc car. when i was finished i put the key in to do it up, so it started going up, got half way then stopped and the motor carried on!
    great, something else i got to sort out. what is this normally? it wont go up or down by itself now, i can help it down with a jiggle, and the same going up, but i cant get it to close.
    the windows has always been a bit wobbley and when it did close before the roof part of the rubber used to guide it in. is anyone elses like this? or has mine gradually worked its way loose to the point beyond no return? ill keep searching threads anyhow

p.s. RC car goes well after 3 years of being in the loft. should hope so for £180 quids worth of engine alone... may get it to run on 50/50 veg and nitro before it gets cleaned this time and then put away
    Last edited by dieselboy; 12 July 2007, 21:26.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

it will be the cog on the motor that is goosed.

you can take the cog off and build it up with weld where it is worn.

or for a quick fix, take the motor out the rear pasenger side door window and use that.

thats what i done, never got round to getting a new motor so the back passenger window just stayes up.

cheers scotty

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
      went out just a min ago to use the back window for something to sit on/use as shelf for me and the rc car. when i was finished i put the key in to do it up, so it started going up, got half way then stopped and the motor carried on!
      great, something else i got to sort out. what is this normally? it wont go up or down by itself now, i can help it down with a jiggle, and the same going up, but i cant get it to close.
      the windows has always been a bit wobbley and when it did close before the roof part of the rubber used to guide it in. is anyone elses like this? or has mine gradually worked its way loose to the point beyond no return? ill keep searching threads anyhow

p.s. RC car goes well after 3 years of being in the loft. should hope so for £180 quids worth of engine alone... may get it to run on 50/50 veg and nitro before it gets cleaned this time and then put away
      Good god Boy, ya have more bad luck than me - an that's sayin' somethin
      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
        it will be the cog on the motor that is goosed.

you can take the cog off and build it up with weld where it is worn.

or for a quick fix, take the motor out the rear pasenger side door window and use that.

thats what i done, never got round to getting a new motor so the back passenger window just stayes up.

cheers scotty
        how do you mean? like the motor is spinning but the cog aint turning?
        is it a metal cog? i might just weld the two together. wont ever break again then (if it is that)
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
          Good god Boy, ya have more bad luck than me - an that's sayin' somethin
          just one thing after another aint it. but this week i have fixed me horn, fixed the suspension sqeak, then saturday doing ARB bushes, lecky aerial, wheels balanced at front, then tuesday its getting coolant, power steering and brake fluid change
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

just one thing after another aint it. but this week i have fixed me horn, fixed the suspension sqeak, then saturday doing ARB bushes, lecky aerial, wheels balanced at front, then tuesday its getting coolant, power steering and brake fluid change
            Get ya priorities right..........

So far I have had a new water pump. me bolts were loose or missin in me driveshaft, bought a new battery - blocked off the EGR, had a few more bolts missin from around bellhousing, lost me clutch completely (but seems fine since pumpin the pedal lots) Glow plug fuse x 2 after havin a short and pushin' it off the drive at 5am (that is no fun), trackin done coz tyres were featherin, hubby threatened to set fire to it....need I go on. But hey it just needs TLC

Comment

sorry, should have explained better,

the cog on the motor turns the regulator which makes the window go up and down.

where the teeth on the cog contact with the teeth on the regulator, they become worn.

what you end up with is a cog with a groove in it through wear .

hope this helps.

i know what i'm trying to say.

someone will be along in a mo, and put it better

cheers scotty

Comment

i thought something like this. but then i thought ok, if i help it up then it will grip again and then at least its up. but no amount of going up or down would get it all to connect. must have some sort of catch to stop the weight of the window resting on the motor cos pushing it up or down dont work unless the motor is spinning.. if its this bad ill have to get a new motor i hate it when something isnt working as it should..
                cheers for your help btw
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Get ya priorities right..........

So far I have had a new water pump. me bolts were loose or missin in me driveshaft, bought a new battery - blocked off the EGR, had a few more bolts missin from around bellhousing, lost me clutch completely (but seems fine since pumpin the pedal lots) Glow plug fuse x 2 after havin a short and pushin' it off the drive at 5am (that is no fun), trackin done coz tyres were featherin, hubby threatened to set fire to it....need I go on. But hey it just needs TLC
                  what what?...
                  when i had the squeek under the car i thought of you. i wondered if mine had the same prob.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

what what?...
                    when i had the squeek under the car i thought of you. i wondered if mine had the same prob.
                    Ha ha not sure of ya meanin' there mate?

Comment

Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Comment

found a writeup by copy cat
                          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ht=rear+window
                          this may be whats happened to mine. sounds a mission to me
                          wouldnt be so bad if i had my own tools...
                          ill wip it out tomorrow and have a look. worste case i can swap it with a passenger one but i dont want to, to be honest
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X