Fed up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed up.

As you all know had the power stearing belt go a week ago which in fact broke the other 2 on the way down (ac belt and fan belt) . So had them replaced and had the truck back but now when i start it up it sounds like a tractor , loads of smoke out the back and when you put your foot on the accelerator i can hear the tappits as tho they are out on the timing. Could the timing have been knocked out when they did the belts or not. Would prefer to know what im on about before i let loose on the mechanic. Cheers lads michelle.

Originally posted by Mitsy
    As you all know had the power stearing belt go a week ago which in fact broke the other 2 on the way down (ac belt and fan belt) . So had them replaced and had the truck back but now when i start it up it sounds like a tractor , loads of smoke out the back and when you put your foot on the accelerator i can hear the tappits as tho they are out on the timing. Could the timing have been knocked out when they did the belts or not. Would prefer to know what im on about before i let loose on the mechanic. Cheers lads michelle.
    If the timing belt cover is intact, wouldn't have thought the belt has jumped a tooth due to a clout from the other belts.

When did you last change the oil? They get noisy when the oil is old. As for smoke, what colour? If it's grey / black, do the EGR mod (search on here) and see if that makes a difference?

If your mechanic has changed the belts / fiddled with them (and there's no need to to change a rad) then go back and hit him!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I had it serviced the same time as the rad went in , had all that done then the belts went on it. What do u think the tapping is as i cant afford for it to go again i would have to get rid off her this time. Then i wouldnt be able to come on hear and annoy u all. Stop clapping your hands i can hear u all.

Comment

I would definitely check the oil for starters.

If it's cr@p, change your mechanic.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Yes, definately check the oil level and condition, and check the oil pressure gauge on the dash to see what it reads at tick over and at about 2000 rpm.

Let us know how you get on.

Robert.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Cheers lads i will do it tomorrow now off to work now have fun mich.

Comment

Working...
            X