damn you vegetable oil!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn you vegetable oil!!!

so i goes to me old makro to get me old vegy oil to find they run out the cheapo boxed bottle stuff
    so to save a wasted journey i buy the stuff in the metal barrels @11.15 per 20litres....
    NEVER AGAIN! the hole you pour from is about the size of a pound coin. i bought two drums! after the first drum was finished having it gluggged and glugged for ages before i could get it to pour right, the glugs made it splash right on my face in between me eye brows. but in mid flow i couldnt stop pouring
    THEN on the 2nd drum about a minute in my right arm got the shakes. i had only just eaten dinner and not eaten since about 1pm before that..
    so put the serious case of low blood sugur shakes, with serious glugging together and you get a right old mess...

next time if i have to buy the metal ones ill put a knife through the top of the barrel to let air in as i pour

but i suggest you dont buy them at all!

cant believe makro had sold out of veggy oil! they say they are going through a palet a day now!!!!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by dieselboy
    cant believe makro had sold out of veggy oil! they say they are going through a palet a day now!!!!
    I wonder why?

Comment

You need to put another hole in it so it flows.
      CHIPPYS prices have gone up due to VEG OIL prices on the increase
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        CHIPPYS prices have gone up due to VEG OIL prices on the increase
        You do know that Vince is gonna' be wearing an extremely smug grin all evening now?

Comment

use a drill pump
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

i would of used my facet pump but its 'out'

do you reckon the price of vegetables will go up as well
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I pour the metal barrels into a 20 ltr Jerry can first, that way i can turn em right upside down and stick a big knife through the bottom of the barrell, then pour the jerry can in on the petrol forecourt before topping up with diesel, i've taken the gauze out of my jerry can spout coz it takes forever to pour it back out with the gauze there.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                You do know that Vince is gonna' be wearing an extremely smug grin all evening now?

I'm never the one to say I told you so, but...................oh, I just did.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  I'm never the one to say I told you so, but...................oh, I just did.
                  Cheshire cat level?

Comment

I always use the 15 ltr ones from Tescos when they have got them nice big neck on them. Stab a hole in and and whoosh occasionally i make a mess but not to often. Anyone got any good tricks to get it of off the body work when its all jelly-a-fied? Only thing I have found is T cut so far!?

Comment

cant really pour the oil in on the forecourt, its too busy and ill be getting bibbed etc. i live 5 min walk from the garage so i just do it at home. hate it when i drop some oil or diesel on the floor of the car park though.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Donk_UK
                        I always use the 15 ltr ones from Tescos when they have got them nice big neck on them. Stab a hole in and and whoosh occasionally i make a mess but not to often. Anyone got any good tricks to get it of off the body work when its all jelly-a-fied? Only thing I have found is T cut so far!?
                        You should just be able to use soap and water. Maybe a bit of Swarfega (sp?) might be a good alternative.
                        Paul </Slugsie>
                        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                          As long as he's happy
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Carry an old tea towel. Tuck it into the filler hole and wedge it in with the funnel, hey presto no runs down the bodywork!
                            www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X