Any IFAs out there??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any IFAs out there??

I have to buy a house, quite soon too - and I'm looking at the Abbey Cashback Tracker mortgage, low fees and 5% cashback - so, can anyone tell me if this is a good deal to go for - technically I'm a first time buyer as I've rented, or more recently, not been the mortgage holder.....

I only need about £160,000 for the house I want in Leamington....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Originally posted by MudSurfer
    I have to buy a house, quite soon too - and I'm looking at the Abbey Cashback Tracker mortgage, low fees and 5% cashback - so, can anyone tell me if this is a good deal to go for - technically I'm a first time buyer as I've rented, or more recently, not been the mortgage holder.....

I only need about £160,000 for the house I want in Leamington....
    Andy i have just remortgaged with the chelsea and i get 6% cashback on 100000k and they are really helpfull on the phone also.I was with the Abbey and to tell the truth the service stinks.
    I will highly recomend the Chelsea from the way i have been treated
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

After nearly 2 years out of the UK market and maybe 6 years since getting a mortgage we went to an IFA recommended by a friend in Feb.

Wow, what a big step change since before. He had a database with hundreds of lenders updated daily by internet to give the most current information on the best deals, it was easily sortable by different criteria such as cheapest repayments, cheapest over the term etc. With hard figures available it was much easier to compare.

FWIW I'd suggest finding a local IFA as what was a good deal for me may not be a good deal for you, or a deal 2 weeks ago may not be the best deal now.

I can pass on my IFA's name if you like but he's in MK.
      Wax on, wax off

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy
        After nearly 2 years out of the UK market and maybe 6 years since getting a mortgage we went to an IFA recommended by a friend in Feb.

Wow, what a big step change since before. He had a database with hundreds of lenders updated daily by internet to give the most current information on the best deals, it was easily sortable by different criteria such as cheapest repayments, cheapest over the term etc. With hard figures available it was much easier to compare.

FWIW I'd suggest finding a local IFA as what was a good deal for me may not be a good deal for you, or a deal 2 weeks ago may not be the best deal now.

I can pass on my IFA's name if you like but he's in MK.
        I'll look around and see who's local and good - cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          Andy i have just remortgaged with the chelsea and i get 6% cashback on 100000k and they are really helpfull on the phone also.I was with the Abbey and to tell the truth the service stinks.
          I will highly recomend the Chelsea from the way i have been treated

Cheers Richard! - I'll give them a call Friday when back in the UK

Comment

Working...
          X