Worn out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worn out

i have had an anoying rattle from the front of the surf for some time now and have done LOTS of searching for probably causes, now i've finally decided to sort it, the front anti roll bar seemed a good place to start (but you experts will probably tell me otherwise !), i grabbed hold of it and found i could move it from side to side about an inch which didn't seem right so during my lunch break took the bu**er off, strange thing is when going round roundabouts and bends the truck feels no different, is this a)i drove like an old lady b)the bushes have been knackered since i bought it c)neither and the bar should move anyway, mind you the rattle has stoppped, next question is which bits do i replace, the bushes in the brackets which attach to the chassis or the droppy down bits and pieces
    Bunkle
    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Originally posted by Bunkle
    i have had an anoying rattle from the front of the surf for some time now and have done LOTS of searching for probably causes, now i've finally decided to sort it, the front anti roll bar seemed a good place to start (but you experts will probably tell me otherwise !), i grabbed hold of it and found i could move it from side to side about an inch which didn't seem right so during my lunch break took the bu**er off, strange thing is when going round roundabouts and bends the truck feels no different, is this a)i drove like an old lady b)the bushes have been knackered since i bought it c)neither and the bar should move anyway, mind you the rattle has stoppped, next question is which bits do i replace, the bushes in the brackets which attach to the chassis or the droppy down bits and pieces
    normally the bushes in the 2 brackets are what goes,but if you notice no differance then just leave it off anyway
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      normally the bushes in the 2 brackets are what goes,but if you notice no differance then just leave it off anyway
      after reading my own thread thats kind of what i was thinking ! - a nice cheap solution
      Bunkle
      Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
        after reading my own thread thats kind of what i was thinking ! - a nice cheap solution
        blast - driven home and the noise is still there - have narrowed it down to only doing what i can describe as a grind and rattle every time i turn sharp right whilst slowing down, never does it under acceleration only when slowing down example rolling up to a junction and then turning right, as soon as i accelerate the noise stops - could it be shocks ?
        Bunkle
        Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Working...
        X