New Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Batteries

Where can I get 2 new batteries for a 3.0 L SSRX around Chichester?

Not sure about Chichester, RoughTrax and Milners will sell them, I know RoughTrax won't deliver though...

There is a recent thread you could search for - not in general though, that has a load of stuff about handed pairs..

EDIT:

Found it...

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34470
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I bought a pair from my local parts shop a couple of years back, havent had any problems with em. Try your local parts shop, may well be cheaper than Milners or Rough Trax deffo cheaper than Toyota.

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by Diveboy
        Where can I get 2 new batteries for a 3.0 L SSRX around Chichester?
        Try your local motor factors they are not specific to the Surf I got two for around £70. Just make sure the two have the poles on opposite sides.
        Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle
          I bought a pair from my local parts shop a couple of years back, havent had any problems with em. Try your local parts shop, may well be cheaper than Milners or Rough Trax deffo cheaper than Toyota.

Spoggle
          Some people have actually found their local Toyota dealers to be quite competitive when it comes to certain parts, and batteries are one of those parts.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
            Some people have actually found their local Toyota dealers to be quite competitive when it comes to certain parts, and batteries are one of those parts.

Prepared to stand corrected on that one mate. My local Toyota dealership is a big posh place with lots and lots of shiny things on the forecourt. Think they would have a fit if I rolled up in my old Surf, I'd get sent around the back to the tradesman's entrance

Spoggle

Comment

Prepared to stand corrected on that one mate. My local Toyota dealership is a big posh place with lots and lots of shiny things on the forecourt. Think they would have a fit if I rolled up in my old Surf, I'd get sent around the back to the tradesman's entrance

Spoggle

A book should not be judged by it's cover!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                A book should not be judged by it's cover!

Catalogue of disasters?

Spoggle

Comment

Spoggle
                  My local Toyota dealer had 40 fits when Hippo turned up

They hid it round the back when they finished doing the recall !
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                    My local Toyota dealer had 40 fits when Hippo turned up

They hid it round the back when they finished doing the recall !

Come to think about it Surf's are a good advert for Toyota. Not a lot of motors the age of our's still on the road, albeit at a price

Spoggle

Comment

My local dealer (waterlooville) were cheaper than my local friendly parts shop that i been going to for years, he wanted £20 more per battery than toyota, and the guy carried em out to the truck and complemented me on it, like ya said these things are a bl00dy good advert for toyota and if they shunt ya round the back point that fact out to em in no uncertain trems
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Come to think about it Surf's are a good advert for Toyota. Not a lot of motors the age of our's still on the road, albeit at a price

Spoggle
                        Yep, but Hippo wasn't exactly spotless when she went in I think I can still hear the valet guy grumbling, and gawd help the poor sod who went underneath her
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Thanks ian619, phoned up WKB Toyota in Waterlooville and they had them in stock. Top bloke in parts helped me carry them out, and told me to drop off the old ones off so they can dispose of them properly. Cheaper by far than the local auto factors, who tried to flog me the wrong batteries saying 'yeah mate, these'll do you'.

I'm mobile again!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X