Camcorder Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camcorder Mount

ok peeps need some advice please going to strata florida on friday for four days off roading and i want to mount my camera on the roof but want to put it in a box to keep it dry so it needs a glass/plastic panel to be able to film through cant think of a thing to use without having to make somthing up myself.ow and i have to be able to get the cable to the dv recorder in the glove box
    Last edited by kiowa; 9 July 2007, 10:46.
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Why not use a laptop and a cheap web cam, and a power inverter.,

Velcro or blutac the webcam to the dash board and robert's you're mothers brother!

It worked pretty good for me, although the picture quality may not be as good as a cam corder.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I did the same thing recently.

I'm doing Strata Florida again later this year, and plan to get a better webcam / build waterproof box before then.

There's waterproof housings available for most camcorders. Try Jessops.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        I did the same thing recently.

I'm doing Strata Florida again later this year, and plan to get a better webcam / build waterproof box before then.

There's waterproof housings available for most camcorders. Try Jessops.

i had a look at those but at almost £200 i dont want to cut a hole in it to run the ilink cable to the tape recorder in the glove box

Comment

What about fixing, sticking or strapping it to the passenger sun-visor?

Comment

I've just attached a webcam to the dash, that goes into a USB hub, which connects the GPS and the touchscreen to a laptop housed under the passenger seat....

That way, I can record my trip on video, save it on memory map and have space to save pics on the day.

Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

is something like this any good? http://www.aquapac.net/ukstore/erol.html#1380X1382 or a rain cape from http://www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/video/capes/ewa.html
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

spot on nero ta very much

Comment

Working...
                X