• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Highlander1
    THINK MOTHER IN LAW HAS A NIMBUS 2000
    Terrie has
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

nice one mate. i love all that stuff. if it can play divx then its really trick
      divx means you get about 2 hour film on about 700mb in good quality
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Bought the Archos AV500 with an 80 gig hard drive about 6 weeks ago. Normally I get sick of these toys pretty quickly and they end up gathering dust - not this one.

I've downloaded divx and avi files but you need an add on for one of them to work (can't remember which now but I will check). The add on is specific to your serial number and there is no way you can get a pirated one, I checked many, many forums and they all said you had to register and pay for the add on, bit bl00dy steep when you've already paid £230 for it.

The add on was £14 I think, I begrudged paying it but the Archos now plays anything. Playback is brilliant, no pixelation on fast frames and the colour is superb!

I also bought the docking station which charges the player and you can also download programs from the TV. Battery lasts for about 3 to 4 hours watching films. Must say I would recommend these to anyone.
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
          Bought the Archos AV500 with an 80 gig hard drive about 6 weeks ago. Normally I get sick of these toys pretty quickly and they end up gathering dust - not this one.

I've downloaded divx and avi files but you need an add on for one of them to work (can't remember which now but I will check). The add on is specific to your serial number and there is no way you can get a pirated one, I checked many, many forums and they all said you had to register and pay for the add on, bit bl00dy steep when you've already paid £230 for it.

The add on was £14 I think, I begrudged paying it but the Archos now plays anything. Playback is brilliant, no pixelation on fast frames and the colour is superb!

I also bought the docking station which charges the player and you can also download programs from the TV. Battery lasts for about 3 to 4 hours watching films. Must say I would recommend these to anyone.
          have you seen the cameras that you can buy that makes your archos a video cam ???
          val as got a programme called " avs4you " that she uses.
          she dont need docking station as built in twin digital tuner
          got to agree with you a good gadget
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
            will let you know what its like once she gets used to it
            the digital telly is quite cool
            val as ipod as well she wont part with it , damn im living with a gadget freak lol
            When are fitting the TOASTER & WASHING MACHINE for VAL
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
              When are fitting the TOASTER & WASHING MACHINE for VAL
              ????/// val said wtf are them things????,
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

WASHBOARD & GRILL
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat

there is always a way around these things. a friend i went college with seems to know everything about everything. ill speak to him when he is back from mexico.
                  and avi is the file extension and divX is the encoding for the avi. you can get normal avi's, divx avi's, vcd avi's etc etc.. so you most likely paid 14 quid for a load of codecs (instructions for viewing the video). without them u would most likely just get the sound because thats encoded in mp3 format, sometimes tho its in some sort of dolby....
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                    there is always a way around these things. a friend i went college with seems to know everything about everything. ill speak to him when he is back from mexico.
                    and avi is the file extension and divX is the encoding for the avi. you can get normal avi's, divx avi's, vcd avi's etc etc.. so you most likely paid 14 quid for a load of codecs (instructions for viewing the video). without them u would most likely just get the sound because thats encoded in mp3 format, sometimes tho its in some sort of dolby....
                    Spot on mate. I couldn't have summed it up better. It was a case of me wanting it to work straight away and it wouldn't play mp4 format without the code so that was why I forked out my £14. Grumbled at the time and then worked out it was equivalent to a bus fare to Newcastle and 3 pints!
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

14 quid is alright. one off payment.. guarantees you will be able to watch the files without faffing about.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                      X