UKTV History Now and at midnight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKTV History Now and at midnight

Great programme about the end of the world. Five different scenarios.

How do you guys think the end of the world will happen???

I personally think that either we will be hit by an asteroid, or a super volcano will erupt and cook us all. Global warming, whats that??

Oh, and a freelander gets it!!

Originally posted by M35A2
    Great programme about the end of the world. Five different scenarios.

How do you guys think the end of the world will happen???

I personally think that either we will be hit by an asteroid, or a super volcano will erupt and cook us all. Global warming, whats that??

Oh, and a freelander gets it!!
    Yellowstone is a evens bet
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

seen this before and its all $$$$ (if its the same one)
      i have my own theories about whats going to happen, but more and more im sort of dis-believing science. so much has happened to me that i have either got out of or missed the situation all together. there is definately something up there looking out for us. as they say - sh!t happens but at the end of the day there is worse off people than us.
      whats the scenarios again?
      if you want to feel depressed then watch that program.
      a meteor is highly likely. you know we were at a serious threat level not so long ago? they found one big enough to cause climate change heading right for us. its now been dropped to a lower threat level, will be a near mis instead.
      people are doing stuff these days that wouldnt even be thought of a few years ago. whats 'ok' now was not even thought of 20 years ago. if the 'world is going to end' were doing it to ourselves.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I doubt the world will end until its swallowed up by a black hole.

Humanity may be wiped out by some other means, but I doubt it. I reckon humanity will adapt to whatever conditions arise, even with massive losses.

Humanity will change, eventually becoming pure intelligence using the matter of the universe as a substrate.

Check out 'The Singularity is Near' by Ray Kurzweil if you dont believe me
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Couldn't give a monkeys how/if it happens personally. Birth and death are the two facts of life. That will never change. Scale is merely a perception.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            Couldn't give a monkeys how/if it happens personally. Birth and death are the two facts of life. That will never change. Scale is merely a perception.
            Ahhh you live on a event horizon
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
              Ahhh you live on a event horizon
              Nah. I'm just a pessimistic b@stard.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                Nah. I'm just a pessimistic b@stard.
                Why does the Disney film ...........The black Hole come to mind
                http://disney.go.com/vault/archives/...blackhole.html
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

the scientific theory of black holes is all rubbish. makes a good book though.
                  there is no way you can time travel of do anything with a black hole other than be squashed.
                  its just a massive dense material thats gravity is so big it pulls in everything even light.
                  i wonder what would happen if you were to orbit a black hole. i bet you could pick up enough speed to break the light barrier. no idea what would happen then
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                    the scientific theory of black holes is all rubbish. makes a good book though.
                    there is no way you can time travel of do anything with a black hole other than be squashed.
                    its just a massive dense material thats gravity is so big it pulls in everything even light.
                    i wonder what would happen if you were to orbit a black hole. i bet you could pick up enough speed to break the light barrier. no idea what would happen then
                    A tardis ........how do you think that mark does all his projects
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

A tardis ........how do you think that mark does all his projects
                      Mark's tardis has a lovely stainless steel bashplate...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                        Mark's tardis has a lovely stainless steel bashplate...
                        And you don't ..........Just found TESCO is selling bath GEM......Better than bath Hare
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

And you don't ..........Just found TESCO is selling bath GEM......Better than bath Hare
                          Got a Badger First Gold right now - one of my faves.

Best beer I had yesterday at the Hereford Festival was 'Dark Side of the Moose' by a brewery called Blue Moose (I think!)

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                            Got a Badger First Gold right now - one of my faves.

Best beer I had yesterday at the Hereford Festival was 'Dark Side of the Moose' by a brewery called Blue Moose (I think!)
                            Watch out for a beer called Black Mass.......It's evil, and creeps up on you
                            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Watch out for a beer called Black Mass.......It's evil, and creeps up on you
                              'Farriers' was the strongest at 15.7%. Didn't partake!

Comment

Working...
                              X