A few questions from a new owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions from a new owner

I have just bought a mint 1992 Surf with a 2.4 Turbo Diesel engine,all the toys and with 44K (miles) on the clock.
    I can't find the technical spec of the engine on any sites i have visited.
    I'm really interested in the BHP and Torque figures as well as what to look out for and any potential problems i can eliminate from the start.
    Anyone able to give me the information please?
    Thanks

Paul.
    French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Originally posted by Pauleds
    I have just bought a mint 1992 Surf with a 2.4 Turbo Diesel engine,all the toys and with 44K (miles) on the clock.
    I'm really interested in the BHP and Torque figures as well as what to look out for and any potential problems i can eliminate from the start.
    Thanks

Paul.
    welcome to the forum
    for starters check its been undersealed cos they dont underseal cars in japan. Drain and flush the coolant out of the system and put some good stuff in, the stuff they use in japan is no good over here. Even if the dealer or private you bought it from says it has been done do it again yourself then you know its been done.
    keep rear window mechanism greased up and the rubber runners clean. regular oil changes is a must.
    bhp is 97 torque is 240.

thats all i can think of for now but im sure others will add some things as well
    Last edited by Koi; 13 September 2003, 00:35.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleds
      Thanks

Paul.
      Welcome
      and try here for your info
      http://www.sportsluxurycars.com.au/v...oyota_surf.htm

Cheers
      Keith
      I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        welcome to the forum
        for starters check its been undersealed cos they dont underseal cars in japan. Drain and flush the coolant out of the system and put some good stuff in, the stuff they use in japan is no good over here. Even if the dealer or private you bought it from says it has been done do it again yourself then you know its been done.
        keep rear window mechanism greased up and the rubber runners clean. regular oil changes is a must.
        bhp is 97 torque is 240.

thats all i can think of for now but im sure others will add some things as well
        paul, might be as well changing the timing belt,fan belts, power steering & aircon belts, never be to careful, make sure you dont end up with an airlock when you refil the system and make sure you put both heaters to red when refilling, let it run a while with the rad cap off squeezing all the pipes, have a look at this for some specs http://www.sportsluxurycars.com.au/v...oyota_surf.htm post us some pics
        Last edited by gemini; 13 September 2003, 01:07.
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Thanks very much guys,i'm sure i'll be spending quite a bit of time here.
          Paul.

Comment

Anyone know where i can get a grey metallic bonnet with a vent to aid cooling pls?
            Paul.

Comment

By the way i have just sold a 300bhp Subaru Impreza Turbo to help fund a businees venture which requires me to have a workhorse 4 x 4.So for that reason i have bought the Surf,only problem is i like it too much to use it for work!!!!
              Paul.

Comment

Hi and welcome!
                Where did you get your Surf, did you have a good experience with the dealer and can you or they verify the low mileage? Sorry to be a bit negative but a number of chaps have bought Surfs only to find they have been clocked, imagine a 10 year old Surf only having done 50000miles! how believable is that.
                Cheers Dave
                How much!

Comment

I got it from CC Sports Imports.9 Barnsdale Road,Castleford,West Yorkshire.
                  One of my good friends runs it and i have seen all the documentation relating to the vehicle and the condition matches the low mileage.
                  Chris only sources mint,mechanically perfect vehicles from Japan.So my mind is at ease.He has some more Surfs coming too.
                  Paul.

Comment

Working...
                  X