need computer help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need computer help!

Ok everytime i try and view anything in quick time on the internet, youtube, ebaums world etc where it loads the video on the screen all i get is a quicktime logo with a ? in the middle! Ive downloaded the up to date quicktime thing and ive clicked on anything that can be clicked on and im totally lost!

Any ideas computer people?!?

Oh ive tried on internet explorer and firefox.

youtube uses flash or something. try downloading the new version of that
    http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/

i know this because when i go to youtube in 64-bit mode it tells me flash player does not support 64 bit.

let me know how you get on.

ps. i hate quicktime player. only good for watching videos recorded from a mobile.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
      youtube uses flash or something. try downloading the new version of that
      http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/

i know this because when i go to youtube in 64-bit mode it tells me flash player does not support 64 bit.

let me know how you get on.

ps. i hate quicktime player. only good for watching videos recorded from a mobile.
      Ive installed the flash player but its made no difference yet mate, It still all loads with the quicktime logo with the ?. Its driving me scatty! Could it be any internet settings?

Comment

un install quicktime mate. then let me know
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

un install quicktime mate. then let me know
          Hello mate! i aint got a clue whats going on but its all working now! considering im in the "computer age" I really am no damn use with them!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
            Hello mate! i aint got a clue whats going on but its all working now! considering im in the "computer age" I really am no damn use with them!
            what all by itself?!
            oh well nice one
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

have you tried turning it off, then back on again
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

have you tried turning it off, then back on again
                The amount of times I've uttered that immortal statement in my career.....

It may have been down to file association - if you go into 'My Computer' and select 'Tools' then choose 'Folder options' and click the file types tab, you can choose which application Windows uses to view stuff.

For IE settings, you can go to 'Tools' Internet Options, and xlick the advanced tab, and click 'reset' at the bottom - and it should reset to standard add ins - and stop trying to use QuickTime as the default media player.

You could always just switch it off and switch it back on again....works everytime
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

"You could always just switch it off and switch it back on again....works everytime"

www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tintin
                    "You could always just switch it off and switch it back on again....works everytime"

Arrrrrrrrrrgghhh! The number of computers I've had to reinstall Windows on because people have 'turned them off and then on again' is beyond belief! (Still it did make me quite a bit of money!)

No doubt you all know but for those who don't ALWAYS use the correct shut down procedure. The least damage you can do by just hitting the off switch is corrupting Windows, worst scenario is permanent damage to the hard drive.
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

I'm having to leave mine on 24/7 at present, everytime i try to shut down she just re-boots.
                      Even re-installed winXP home to no avail!!!!
                      Sorry.....didn't mean to hijack the thread!
                      Alan

Comment

Computers are sh1te, unfortunately our lives are now run by them, and I too would be lost (for a while) without mine, but DAMN they can drive you nuts!
                        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by tintin
                          I'm having to leave mine on 24/7 at present, everytime i try to shut down she just re-boots.
                          Even re-installed winXP home to no avail!!!!
                          Sorry.....didn't mean to hijack the thread!
                          Alan
                          I've had that problem with a few computers I've repaired.

It's the power supply unit mate, for some reason it keps an open contact to the power and won't shut down unless it's turned off at the socket.

Buy a new power supply, about £10 to £15 and fit it yourself if you're confident enough, if not I suggest you take it to someone in the know, otherwise you could end up frying your motherboard!
                          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Thanks for that Copycat, may try to find a beefier one while i'm there!
                            Changeover wont be a problem as i've pulled a few pc's apart in my time!
                            Alan

Comment

i hate computers
                              i do it every day, then come home to my own one giving me grief, and my mates giving them grief. unless you know what your doing they tend to take a downward spiral.

i built my pc up from boxes, and the psu fan i bought sounds like a hard disk going overtime. it gets on my nerves sometimes. (no its not one of the hard drives they are quiet as anything...)
                              if i give it a couple of jabs it quiets down usually...

all ive learnt from working with computers is that they do what they want. its not logical that they can, but they do.

the famous line about turning it off and on... most of the time sorts them out. but its funny to hear it
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X