yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CB Fitted. This Ain't What I Expected!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Fitted. This Ain't What I Expected!!!

Well, I don't know where to start! Managed to set up the CB today to make sure it's working okay, although I can't figure out a good place to fit it, apart from the double din section in the dash.

Got everything set up and did a scan to see if anyone was there. Boy did I have my eyes oened! It's a long, long time since I had a CB, the early to mid 80's actually, and back in those days there was a certain etiquette. You didn't swear, or if you did someone would tell you to stop, and if you continued to swear you were threatened with physical violence!

Today I had the pleasure(?) of listening to 2 young Geordie females discribe in graphic detail various sexual activities, punctuated with every type of cuss word you can imagine. They then went on to discuss other matters concerning female hygene! This being a family / open forum prevents me giving further details but I just couldn't believe my ears!

I'm no prude or fuddy duddy, it was actually very funny, better than some comedy acts, but there could have been kids listening to that. And before anyone points out, yes I should have switched channels but I was laughing out loud at some of their comments (coarse sense of humour I'm afraid).

Anyhoo, is this the norm for CB radio chat these days?
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Want one (said in a little britain way!)

Comment

no just shows the calibre of a geordie lass!!!!

round our way is country bumkins that talk about the same thing only with sheep - (only joking!!!) there isnt normally too much chatter round here though... at weekends there can be

keep listening even record it and flog some off to the single/bored married types on here!!!!

Comment

blimey are they that good them cb's then?! i would of started whispering some weird stuff down there like ... ohh tell me more... followed by some breathing... and a phwoaarrr...

that would of shut them up
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by graham78
          no just shows the calibre of a geordie lass!!!!

round our way is country bumkins that talk about the same thing only with sheep - (only joking!!!) there isnt normally too much chatter round here though... at weekends there can be

keep listening even record it and flog some off to the single/bored married types on here!!!!
          Ooooooh, I better not let my wife see your comments about Geordie lasses! You're not Freddie Sheperd are you?

I do wish I had had a tape recorder or something with me at the time as it was unbelievably funny!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
            blimey are they that good them cb's then?! i would of started whispering some weird stuff down there like ... ohh tell me more... followed by some breathing... and a phwoaarrr...

that would of shut them up
            I very much doubt if it would have shut them up. These 'ladies', I expect, would have been more than a match for little old me.

They're bound to be back on sometime. One of them was saying she was on some chat room, Google I think, and every time she chatted to someone the conversation always turned to a sexual nature. She said she couldn't understand why, then as an afterthought she said, "It might have been because of my username, Slutty 69"!

Honestly, some people!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
              last year i picked my mate up and at the end of the road were a load of kids in a group like a row had just happened, and there was this one girl on her own crying. so i pulled up and asked what the problem was and is she ok.
              she said, she was upset because she had been seeing someone for some time, but then she cheated on him and slept with his mate....
              she was 13.
              Boy were you brave. It's a sad indication of todays society but I'm always very wary of talking to kids, especially girls, who I don't know.

You read and see so many things in the news where people are accused of all sorts of terrible things because they told some kids off or suchlike. Accusations are made and the police have to follow them up.

I was driving to work one night when I passed a young girl, aged about 13, on a country road crying her eyes out pushing her bike along the road. At one time I would have stopped straight away and asked her if she was okay but now I feel uneasy. I drove on for another half a mile thinking, 'what if it was one of my kids, I'd want someone to see if they were alright if they were in a similar situation'.

I had to turn the car around and go back, she was still crying but when I pulled up to ask if she was okay you could see the look of apprehension in her eyes. I asked if she was alright and she said yes. I asked if anyone was following her / had upset her? She said no. I asked if she would like to use my mobile to phone her parents, again, no. I asked one final time if she was okay and she said she was fine. I wasn't 100% happy but felt I had done as much as I could and drove on to work. Never the less I worried about that kid all night.

Fortunately there was nothing terrible in the local news the next day so I assumed she got home safely, but it's still worrying when you have to wrestle with your consience if you see someone in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                Well, I don't know where to start! Managed to set up the CB today to make sure it's working okay, although I can't figure out a good place to fit it, apart from the double din section in the dash.

Got everything set up and did a scan to see if anyone was there. Boy did I have my eyes oened! It's a long, long time since I had a CB, the early to mid 80's actually, and back in those days there was a certain etiquette. You didn't swear, or if you did someone would tell you to stop, and if you continued to swear you were threatened with physical violence!

Today I had the pleasure(?) of listening to 2 young Geordie females discribe in graphic detail various sexual activities, punctuated with every type of cuss word you can imagine. They then went on to discuss other matters concerning female hygene! This being a family / open forum prevents me giving further details but I just couldn't believe my ears!

I'm no prude or fuddy duddy, it was actually very funny, better than some comedy acts, but there could have been kids listening to that. And before anyone points out, yes I should have switched channels but I was laughing out loud at some of their comments (coarse sense of humour I'm afraid).

Anyhoo, is this the norm for CB radio chat these days?
                I think you will find that it is quite "normal" on these open channels... When my mates and I go out wheelin, we end up changing channels all the time as usually, we have the kids in the car and come accross quite a lot of "foul" language to put it nicely...
                1993 HiLux Surf (mine)
                1998 RAV4 (hers)

Comment

Someone on one of the farms round here broadcasts radio 2 or something all morning every morning, guessin he has his cb on instead of fitting or carrying a pocket radio. Whatever floats yer boat i spose, at least it's clean just annoying but it's only one channel. Other than that all you get is the occasional trucker, offroaders and shoots. PMR can be interesing though i guess everyone here's just cheap.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Working...
                  X