Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firefly
    Hi
    Had a look at the surf today to be honest it was as you all said i would have only got what i paid for, and to be honest it was crap,,, he did also have a 4 runner 30L was better but im thinking of upping my outlay to say 7k, i know that i should be able to get a 30l for this, question is has the 30L got the same rep for heads blowing and which model is it best looking at any thought much appreciated
    The 3.0 does not suffer from the same faulty head (although you can blow a head on any car if you try hard enough). We ran a survey on here last year and about 50% of 2.4 owners replying had experienced a problem, however none of the 3.0 owners had. (roughly equal numbers of each replied)
    If you have the cash go 3.0, we have one of each and you definately notice the increased power of the 3.0.
    Just take your time and wait for the right one - one will be along soon....

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

leave these dodgy toyotas alone come join the suzy gang :P
      [COLOR=red][SIZE=7][FONT=comic sans ms]Never Look A Gift Horse In The Mouth[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Stats and stuff

Just thought I oughtta mention that Koi mentioned that there are now 1000 members on this site. I dunno what the 3l:2.4l ratio is, but in the 8 months that I have been here I sure as hell haven't seen 500 people moaning about cracked heads.

It should be remembered that people (myself included) happily read the threads looking for useful info, and ask for advice when all else fails. Anyone who has a Surf with problems will broadcast the facts on here so that too can share in the knowledge pool. One answer may be read by 200 people etc

So what I say is, yes the 2.4 has a known head problem, and yes some people have been unlucky, but at a guess I would say that the vast majority of 2.4 Surfs have never had a problem at all. In reality most of the heads would have been replaced by a factory recall in Japan, so you have got to be really unlucky to get a duff one.

So there you go..and anyway, about my turbo, why doesn't it boost, how much is a new one, and what is that red button for....?

Have fun, they are great trucks whatever you get, and they look miles better than anything else built in the last 10 years!

Cheers

Rob G

Comment

Working...
        X