Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MudSurfer
    I just get 550 access denied
    Are you entering your username and password correctly? 5** errors tend to be credential or authorisation based.

Edit: You have given the destination directory write permissions? Attempting what, exactly, gives you the 550 error?
    Last edited by MattF; 5 July 2007, 21:05.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      Are you entering your username and password correctly? 5** errors tend to be credential or authorisation based.

Edit: You have given the destination directory write permissions? Attempting what, exactly, gives you the 550 error?
      Username and password are OK
      I can't change the permissions at all - keep getting an error that the server doesn't recognise the command...
      Attempting to delete file, folder, copy file, folder - anything into the dir gives the error
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Username and password are OK
        I can't change the permissions at all - keep getting an error that the server doesn't recognise the command...
        Attempting to delete file, folder, copy file, folder - anything into the dir gives the error
        Which host is your site with?

Comment

Which host is your site with?

Errr - first post....

OK - I've got a site hosted with EasySpace and have jut finished a rework of the whole thing and put it in a folder under the html folder on the server, tested it all and all links work

Comment

Errr - first post....
            Oops. Never noticed that bit.

Comment

Oops. Never noticed that bit.

Right - I've done it!

I deleted the whole of the old site (copied to local disk) and then logged out, then logged in and copied the new site in, file by file......

All this effort for a dull site.....oh well, once I get time to learn how to make it all look nice, I'll have another go.....

At least if the url gets looked at by someone, there is something there!!

Comment

Come on then. Part with the uri. Let's get the opinions flowing.

Comment

Come on then. Part with the uri. Let's get the opinions flowing.

www.worx-offroad.co.uk

Be nice - it's like, my first website...

Comment

www.worx-offroad.co.uk

Be nice - it's like, my first website...
                    Quite nice. Sleek, without cartloads of useless addons. Like it. However................ couple of suggestions if one might? You're missing a doctype declaration, which might cock up the display with some lesser/older browsers and you haven't got alt= tags on the images. Just makes life easier for people who use text browsers, screen readers or whom turn off use of images in their browser. Definitely like it though. Nice job.

Comment

Quite nice. Sleek, without cartloads of useless addons. Like it. However................ couple of suggestions if one might? You're missing a doctype declaration, which might cock up the display with some lesser/older browsers and you haven't got alt= tags on the images. Just makes life easier for people who use text browsers, screen readers or whom turn off use of images in their browser. Definitely like it though. Nice job.

Cheers Matt - I've got a vague idea of what you're talking about.....I think!

Comment

Cheers Matt - I've got a vague idea of what you're talking about.....I think!
                        I like the design of your site. Taken quite a shine to it.

Do you use Firefox, btw? If so, install the html validator plugin. That will help out a lot when you're checking your designs. You can check various levels of W3C conformity with it, and it will pinpoint and show you anything that needs altering, or mention if something is missing. Worth it's weight in gold that plugin. I use it on all my code before running it through the actual W3C validator for its final check.

Comment

I like the design of your site. Taken quite a shine to it.

Do you use Firefox, btw? If so, install the html validator plugin. That will help out a lot when you're checking your designs. You can check various levels of W3C conformity with it, and it will pinpoint and show you anything that needs altering, or mention if something is missing. Worth it's weight in gold that plugin. I use it on all my code before running it through the actual W3C validator for its final check.

Nice to hear - although I won't be changing jobs just yet.....
                          I don't use Firefox, but may give it a try if I get more into this...

Comment

Working...
                          X