Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAC Renewal

just got reminder that my cover as run out renewal is £147
    robbing barstewards it was about £90 last year , phoned them up to enquire why the hike , got told it was to draw new customers in that i got it cheap last year ,
    he said he would let me have solution 4 for the same price as 3[im solution 3] as a special deal , just looked on there website guess what ??solution 3 is being offered the same package as 4 for £106
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Originally posted by joker??
    robbing barstewards it was about £90 last year , phoned them up to enquire why the hike , got told it was to draw new customers in that i got it cheap last year ,
    he said he would let me have solution 4 for the same price as 3[im solution 3] as a special deal , just looked on there website guess what ??solution 3 is being offered the same package as 4 for £106
    I was looking into changing my breakdown, i've looked into britannia rescue, seem a bit cheaper than the AA, might be worth a look
    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

not sure how true it is but someone at work has advised me the AA and RAC won't help you if your running veggie oil - can't think why though
      Bunkle
      Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
        not sure how true it is but someone at work has advised me the AA and RAC won't help you if your running veggie oil - can't think why though
        I can, the AA require your vehicle to have a valid tax disc also. I think it must be their whiter than white policy!
        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

My AA renewal was somewhere in that price range as well. The RAC had quoted me £118 for the same cover plus to include my mother with the same level as cover for free (AA charge her £76 as she gets a family discount).
          I told the AA they'd out quoted themselves and they offered 25% discount. I still cancelled tho, and the cheeky blighters still tried to withdraw the money from my account!
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Didn't the RAC buy out Greenflag recently, or did I dream it?

Open up a Barclays account and you get free RAC cover, well, we did!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Didn't the RAC buy out Greenflag recently, or did I dream it?

Open up a Barclays account and you get free RAC cover, well, we did!
              i think direct line bought out green flag - this is getting confusing, what do we care, toyotas never break - why oh why did i say that
              Bunkle
              Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

I was with the RAC and when I took out the cover I made sure my van was covered. I needed them last year as the van had issues, out they came to tell me that my van was too long, they only cover small Transit sized vans..

Mine is only 7.5m long but there was no way there where going to move it.. cancelled policy and now erm.. not in one.
                -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

I've got cover from Green Flag through the Caravan Club. Top spec cover and it only cost about about 70 quid. In the event of a breakdown that cant be sorted at the roadside they will take caravan to a pre booked holiday destination, and vehicle to a garage for repair. If it cant be fixed will then transport caravan and vehicle back home after the holiday. Now I dont think thats a bad deal

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle
                    I've got cover from Green Flag through the Caravan Club. Top spec cover and it only cost about about 70 quid. In the event of a breakdown that cant be sorted at the roadside they will take caravan to a pre booked holiday destination, and vehicle to a garage for repair. If it cant be fixed will then transport caravan and vehicle back home after the holiday. Now I dont think thats a bad deal

Spoggle
                    I.ve got the same deal, but recovery only, as I'd rather get it to someone i Know for about £39, barclays have give me roadside cover with rac and recovery to 10 miles away so I'm sorted for less tha 40 quid.
                    www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

been with the RAC for years. tried the others and IMHO not as good. dont care what it costs, they are $$$$$$ marvelous. and never had any problems giving my surf treatment, running on veg or suspended tow.

im a genuinely happy RAC punter
                      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                        I was looking into changing my breakdown, i've looked into britannia rescue, seem a bit cheaper than the AA, might be worth a look
                        just looked a brittania seeems allright ,anyone using the xtend policy???,if so is it any good????
                        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by tonytom
                          I.ve got the same deal, but recovery only, as I'd rather get it to someone i Know for about £39, barclays have give me roadside cover with rac and recovery to 10 miles away so I'm sorted for less tha 40 quid.
                          Have to say that I still like the idea of getting the caravan to the destination which would keep 'she who must be obeyed' happy, then getting the whole outfit home again, all for 70 quid or so. Even cheaper than buying the derv

Comment

Have to say that I still like the idea of getting the caravan to the destination which would keep 'she who must be obeyed' happy, then getting the whole outfit home again, all for 70 quid or so. Even cheaper than buying the derv

Comment

Have to say that I still like the idea of getting the caravan to the destination which would keep 'she who must be obeyed' happy, then getting the whole outfit home again, all for 70 quid or so. Even cheaper than buying the derv If the repair job wasn't up to scratch from the garage I was taken to. well I feel sure that if I shouted at the C.C and Green Flag it would get sorted.

Spoggle

Comment

Working...
                              X