IMPORTANT greenlane petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT greenlane petition

got this e-mail from the fella at wetroads... can all put their name down... it's explained on the site

Dear All
    Forwarded message follows:

Anybody interested can now sign the e-petition against EDM380. EDM 380 for those who don't know is an Early Day Motion in parliament which goes much further than the DEFRA study proposals. It proposes the closure of all
    BOATS to mechanically propelled vehicles.

The petition can be found at http://www.saveourbyways.org.uk
    Lee
    Last edited by Koi; 31 March 2004, 14:56.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

bump

Comment

I'll sign it, but I won't hold my breath. Petitions never changed anything I'm afraid, if this gets a second reading it will become law. We now officially live in a Nanny State, Hanging baskets? No too dangerous, School Sports, no thanks, if a child gets a grazed knee the parents will sue the school.
      This government has now introduced a PEL scheme,[Public Entertainment Licence]. This means the carol singing in public without a licence will be illegal. In Cerne Abbas where they have held a Mummers Play for many many years, the local council banned them from going from pub to pub, which they'd done from time immemorial.
      Sorry folks, but on it's track record, there's no way you'll get this government to listen to the people who are affected by their namby pamby laws. After all they know what's best for us. Don't they???
      John
      http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Surfer
        I'll sign it, but I won't hold my breath. Petitions never changed anything I'm afraid, if this gets a second reading it will become law. We now officially live in a Nanny State, Hanging baskets? No too dangerous, School Sports, no thanks, if a child gets a grazed knee the parents will sue the school.
        This government has now introduced a PEL scheme,[Public Entertainment Licence]. This means the carol singing in public without a licence will be illegal. In Cerne Abbas where they have held a Mummers Play for many many years, the local council banned them from going from pub to pub, which they'd done from time immemorial.
        Sorry folks, but on it's track record, there's no way you'll get this government to listen to the people who are affected by their namby pamby laws. After all they know what's best for us. Don't they???
        John
        true enough... i drove down park lane in my truck to protest on fuel prices and we near enough brought london to a standstill... but diesel's gone up 20p am litre since then!

Comment

wont open for me
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
            wont open for me
            Pops Open it with Internet Explorer it did not work on AOL for me either but was ok with IE.

Placed my vote cos you gotta try and put your point across. and if we dont try we will only have our selves to blame

Paul
            DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

If everyone just says - no point they'll never listen then they've won already. At least we can make it hard for them!!

I've signed and sent to my mates too!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                If everyone just says - no point they'll never listen then they've won already. At least we can make it hard for them!!

Maybe we should ask this to be made a STICKY for a while?

Paul
                DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Surfer
                  John
                  Funny that. I live near the school where parents weren't allowed to video their kids nativity play, in case copies fell into the wrong hands, but they could buy a copy filmed by the official videographer for £12.50!!!!!
                  I'll sign the petition, like I signed the one to ban the sale of fireworks to under 90's without their parents present.
                  It's funny how they will target the motorist, green laners, legitimate off roaders, but will do nothing about the 20 or so under 16s around here that ride their untaxed, uninsured, motocross bikes across peoples front gardens or the druggies and their dealers making the local shopping precinct a no-go area. I am so glad they tackle the real issues.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Me & Laura both signed up
                    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

i still cant get in to it so paul doing it for me.

THANKS dunno
                      Enjoying Life after Cancer
                      Pops

Comment

Got my vote.

sumo.
                        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

QUITE RIGHT weve got to fight for our rights
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

couldn't open this round my mums last night, so just made it sticky for you, signed now I'm home again.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Do you think they listen to petitions? WAKE UP!! nobody gives a flying feck what the public say or want. We've been petitioning the man for ages to try and let us use 1% of the water in the lake district but as of next year they're gonna ban sportsboats and efectively kill our sport forever (a sport in which we have world and european champions - not many of those in Britain these days!) Next on the agenda will be 4x4's closely followed by bikes, horses and mountain bikes, soon enough the only people allowed in the national parks will be red sock wearing, haversack carrying silvertops!
                              If you want to keep greenlaning alive I suggest you start by supporting the Boaters on Windymere 'cos once they're gone your next!

ok rant over check out this thread
                              http://www.waf.uk.com/
                              p.s sorry if I offended any ramblers!
                              [COLOR=red]Cheers, Darren.

POLITITIANS AND NAPPIES:-
                              THEY BOTH NEED CHANGING FOR THE SAME REASON![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X