And after 8 years, it's goodbye from her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And after 8 years, it's goodbye from her

Some (priviledged) few here may know my girlfriend of 8 years and I have not 'been seeing eye to eye' for about 2 of those years.

So - now it's the end of it all - we will be undertaking the dividing of the CDs, sorting out what belongs to who and she will soon revel in a house without all my $$$$ in it, as I move out to a nice flat in Leamington and have a few months in and out of Germany and Dublin with work...

So what does this mean???

No weekend passes need to be issued
    If it's muddy, I'm there!
    I can smoke - all the time if I want to
    I don't have to ask permission for friends to stay over (no, I'm not 10)
    I can buy $$$$ and leave it in the fridge to fester
    Watch rubbish on TV (Streetwars - yay!)
    Listen to all my (s**t!!) music - LOUD!

On a more serious note, I will miss her - but for the past two years, we've hardly seen each other, and having been getting on much....

So - as one chapter closes, another, far muddier, and mostly offroad one opens - anyone fancy getting together mid August, meet at my folks place in N Wales and get our trucks covered in Welsh mud?????????
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

...or you could always come and get hammered at the Worcs beer festival. Camping and bbq, with hopefully some laning!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

and you thought you was'nt under the thumb now enjoy your single man status
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        ...or you could always come and get hammered at the Worcs beer festival. Camping and bbq, with hopefully some laning!
        If anyone - and I mean ANYONE tries to stop me getting to that mate, they will end up with AT2 tread all across their legs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
          Some (priviledged) few here may know my girlfriend of 8 years and I have not 'been seeing eye to eye' for about 2 of those years.

So - now it's the end of it all - we will be undertaking the dividing of the CDs, sorting out what belongs to who and she will soon revel in a house without all my $$$$ in it, as I move out to a nice flat in Leamington and have a few months in and out of Germany and Dublin with work...

So what does this mean???

No weekend passes need to be issued
          If it's muddy, I'm there!
          I can smoke - all the time if I want to
          I don't have to ask permission for friends to stay over (no, I'm not 10)
          I can buy $$$$ and leave it in the fridge to fester
          Watch rubbish on TV (Streetwars - yay!)
          Listen to all my (s**t!!) music - LOUD!

On a more serious note, I will miss her - but for the past two years, we've hardly seen each other, and having been getting on much....

So - as one chapter closes, another, far muddier, and mostly offroad one opens - anyone fancy getting together mid August, meet at my folks place in N Wales and get our trucks covered in Welsh mud?????????
          WEATHER permitting its a good excuse for a BBQ in PORTHMADOC on BLACKROCK SANDS
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

[QUOTE=MudSurfer]........................ as I move out to a nice flat in Leamington.................... .QUOTE]

Dude, your bumper brackets are on their way to the address you gave me, will they get binned?

Comment

Originally posted by marky
              WEATHER permitting its a good excuse for a BBQ in PORTHMADOC on BLACKROCK SANDS

My folks are based near Llanarmon-Dyffryn Ceriog, well, nearer to Llanrhyder, Rhos-y-Brithdir (I think that's spelt right) - basically 25 miles West of Shrewsbury and near Oswestry - , they also run a B&B but only have 2 or 3 rooms - but if they're out, I'll have their room and do the cooked brekkies (I'll encourage them that they need to see Leamington for the weekend and they can stay at my place....)

So - get your names down, tents packed and bring some bangers!

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER]
                ........................ as I move out to a nice flat in Leamington.................... .QUOTE]

Dude, your bumper brackets are on their way to the address you gave me, will they get binned?

PMSL!!!!

She won't hit me with them - it's an amicable split!

But they'll be fine....providing they get here soon........

Comment

I get to keep the 46" Bravia TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I get to keep the 46" Bravia TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    You won then mate!

Big TV, mans best friend

Comment

You won then mate!

Big TV, mans best friend
                      What about the suround sound system
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                        What about the suround sound system
                        That was never in dispute - my Bose speakers, will always be my Bose speakers.....

Comment

That was never in dispute - my Bose speakers, will always be my Bose speakers.....
                          Sitting with my Bose Triport headphones on right now - best 'phones I've ever owned.

Comment

Sitting with my Bose Triport headphones on right now - best 'phones I've ever owned.
                            I've gone with Bose TriPort, Bose in ear (whatever they are called), Bose PC speakers and the Accoustimas 5 Speaker system.....

After the house is sold - I'll be looking at Kef Audio........

Comment

I've got the Triport 2 over the ear ones. Fantastic bass, as good as the big £200 Sennheisers no problem! I got a 25% serving military discount on em on Veterans Day in Florida

As far as the rest goes, Musical Fidelity CD player, Slim Devices Squeezebox network music player, Arcam 9 amp and Mission something or other speakers. (ones with the gold bass speaker centres)

I'f you are doing serious hifi when you get rid of the house, ont just blindly go for Kef, spend a weekend at a proper hifi dealer and let your ears decide.
                              Last edited by Apache; 7 July 2007, 23:18.

Comment

Working...
                              X