steering damper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering damper

i have a 2nd gen, do we have steering dampers?
    also how do we know when they need replacing and are they expensive?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by tonyppe
    i have a 2nd gen, do we have steering dampers?
    also how do we know when they need replacing and are they expensive?
    you can get them from roughtrax for about £35 ish they are a es2000.i done mine when i done my lifts.
    Have a look to see if its leaking at all
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      you can get them from roughtrax for about £35 ish they are a es2000.i done mine when i done my lifts.
      Have a look to see if its leaking at all
      apart from 'around the front bit near the steering' where would it be.. is it just like a sideways shock absorber? ive been under there and not noticed anything like that.. but not paid too much attention. aint going out now its bl00dy raining again would you know
      cheers
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

yea it looks just like a shock absorber laying sideways but you may need to take the bash plate off to see it tho
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          yea it looks just like a shock absorber laying sideways but you may need to take the bash plate off to see it tho
          ok cheers for that mate. im wacking the bash plate off (AGAIN) to knock it straight after rescuing my mates paj.. tut tut. ill be painting it some too
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

if you have underslung aircon then it will be up behind that! really skinny shocks.
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
              if you have underslung aircon then it will be up behind that! really skinny shocks.

I wouldn't say it's a "skinny" shock, mine was at least the same diameter, and much longer.

Quite easy to get to, just lay under truck and look up, it's about 21\2 feet long and attatched to the steering bar thingy. ( technical term)

Robert.........
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
              X