now using veg oil is wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now using veg oil is wrong

Apparently it's helping kill off orangutans in Indonesia http://www.films4.org/palmoil/ I'm guessing these tree huggers haven't considered waste veg oil, or considered just buggering off. And this an interesting read too http://www.biofuelwatch.org.uk/2007J...erbiofuels.pdf
    Hold my beer and watch this

Christ, these nobs really want to get a life. Just read a bit of that pdf. What tat. For starters, how is growing rape going to affect things? Farmers grow it for two purposes that I know of. To mulch down on rotation to nourish the fields for the following crops, and sodding margarine. That's really gonna impact food growth and supplies.

Comment

Well McD's won't be happy about that ! They've just announced that their trucks are going to burn all the used fat oil from their restaurants !
      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h
        Well McD's won't be happy about that ! They've just announced that their trucks are going to burn all the used fat oil from their restaurants !
        At least they're using waste veg oil.

Comment

i read earlier today that growing rapeseed is harmful to the environment unless they grow it organically.
          its just out of the frying pan into the fire aint it...
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
            i read earlier today that growing rapeseed is harmful to the environment unless they grow it organically.
            its just out of the frying pan into the fire aint it...
            Everything's harmful to the evironment, if you listen to the right nutters.

Comment

why can't they do their bit and top themselves who knows they might live another 70 years, think of all the methane and co2 they gonna produce in their lifetime...

...Make the world a happier (+greener) place, top a treehugger!
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

The thing is, everything humans do affects the environment, the trick is minimising the impact - ie use veg oil, even better if you use waste veg oil.

The only thing that would please these nutters is the total annhilation of the human race - starting with them hopefully.

Oh... hang on... but what about the damage animals are doing... ban them!!!

Fact is that the earth and the environment changes over time due to allsorts of factors. It has since time began, it's not gonna stop because of a bunch of hippies jumping on the next faddish bandwagon.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                  Make the world a happier (+greener) place, top a treehugger!
                  Just one ????

You spoilsport
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                    Just one ????

You spoilsport
                    One apiece sounds fair. We wouldn't want to deprive the others of their pleasure Trev.

Comment

Have you seen those wildlife films where dolphins herd sardines into a 'baitball' ?

Just imagine herding treehoggers and ramblers into a mudball ?
                      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                        Have you seen those wildlife films where dolphins herd sardines into a 'baitball' ?

Just imagine herding treehoggers and ramblers into a mudball ?
                        If we took a truck full to the countryside, and gave them a head start, (on foot), you think they'd give us a good hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                          If we took a truck full to the countryside, and gave them a head start, (on foot), you think they'd give us a good hunt?
                          Nah, they'd be too busy admiring the beauty of what they've only ever seen photos of in Treehuggers Weekly.

Wow look at that...err... tree
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Originally posted by John h
                            I always thought it was the other way about. They use the waste oil from their trucks to cook their chips!
                            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

about me .......

smoker........................ .............................. ............yes

drive big 4x4........................... .............................. ..yes

drink lots .............................. .............................. ...yes

eat meat.......................... .............................. ........yes

shoot small fury things........................ ......................yes

walk.......................... ......................not if the truck works

so i must be the devil

or just a normal bloke

john.....
                              i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Working...
                              X