Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thieving dealers

Just had to buy some new key fobs for my 4runner,
    64 quid each + vat and then he said that it could take up to an hour labour for them to program them on top.
    The guy said he did not know how to program them so it might take them a bit of time!!!!!
    Wait till I go in to get them programmed, I expect a fully trained and compitent person doing my installation and not some monkey learning as he does it!!! If so I will be getting a lot off the bill!!!
    They are such stealing b*****ds

Originally posted by truckarms
    Just had to buy some new key fobs for my 4runner,
    64 quid each + vat and then he said that it could take up to an hour labour for them to program them on top.
    The guy said he did not know how to program them so it might take them a bit of time!!!!!
    Wait till I go in to get them programmed, I expect a fully trained and compitent person doing my installation and not some monkey learning as he does it!!! If so I will be getting a lot off the bill!!!
    They are such stealing b*****ds

Chris, save yourself a mortgage payment and try this first...

1. Start with the following conditions: you are seated in the vehicle
    a. Key is out of the ignition.
    b. Drivers door is open, all other doors are closed.
    c. Drivers door is unlocked.
    2. Insert the key into the ignition (don't turn it) and pull it out.
    3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
    a. cycle the power locks 5 times, evenly spaced and relatively fast.
    b. Close, then open the drivers door.
    4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
    a. cycle the power door locks 5 times. (Same as before)
    b. Turn the ignition to on, then back to off.
    c. Turn the ignition to on, then back to off.
    d. Remove the key from the ignition.
    5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should cycle (automatically) indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to STEP 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.
    6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
    a. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 1 second.
    b. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should cycle once indicating successful programming. If the door locks don't cycle, or cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b - this remote has not been accepted.
    c. Repeat steps 6a and 6b for each transmitter that will operate this vehicle, including any old transmitters.
    7. Close the driver door.

Comment

Hi guys, yes I'm still around You think that was expensive!
      I went to the dealers to see how much a new key would be for my Vauxhall Vivaro.
      The fob would be £70, the blade cut for £10 and then on top the programming would have been £40 a total of £120, FOR A KEY!!!
      Needless to say I'm looking after the one key that I have.
      Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Chris, save yourself a mortgage payment and try this first...

1. Start with the following conditions: you are seated in the vehicle
        a. Key is out of the ignition.
        b. Drivers door is open, all other doors are closed.
        c. Drivers door is unlocked.
        2. Insert the key into the ignition (don't turn it) and pull it out.
        3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
        a. cycle the power locks 5 times, evenly spaced and relatively fast.
        b. Close, then open the drivers door.
        4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
        a. cycle the power door locks 5 times. (Same as before)
        b. Turn the ignition to on, then back to off.
        c. Turn the ignition to on, then back to off.
        d. Remove the key from the ignition.
        5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should cycle (automatically) indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to STEP 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.
        6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
        a. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 1 second.
        b. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should cycle once indicating successful programming. If the door locks don't cycle, or cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b - this remote has not been accepted.
        c. Repeat steps 6a and 6b for each transmitter that will operate this vehicle, including any old transmitters.
        7. Close the driver door.
        Cheers mate will try that once I get the new fobs, it sounds a little crazy but will try it.
        I still have the old fob but it got squashed and so the case is all broken.
        Thanks bushwacker

Comment

Thats not bad, there £450 for a Fiat Punto.

Franchised Dealers can only charge the set labour time laid down by the manufacturer.....

If a job is set at an hour & it takes the technician 1 hour 20 mins they can only charge the customer 1 hour.....if it takes the technician 45 mins the dealer wins as they still charge an hour.

Comment

"I still have the old fob but it got squashed and so the case is all broken."

hi truckarms if you old fob still works try fleabay for a new case, my case was all bust up got a new one for a fiver!! was fearing how much a new would cost

Comment

Working...
            X