• Show
Clear All

• Wales offroading videos

Now on youtube

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh7EvKGv090

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wCuolobZCcw

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PbtWr7Oaep4

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QeVPT4IAQkg

My fave is the 2nd one. Even though the last two show the best run, the webcam was knackered by then so the quality is pretty poor.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

? how did you film this...Lap top and a web cam??

Mark

Comment

worth while experiment

great vids Andy
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Yep. Cheap webcam on lightbar. Also had GPS hooked up to the laptop and memory map running, connected to an inverter in the footwell.

Now I'm happy that it works, I'll get a decent webcam and waterproof housing

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          Yep. Cheap webcam on lightbar. Also had GPS hooked up to the laptop and memory map running, connected to an inverter in the footwell.

Now I'm happy that it works, I'll get a decent webcam and waterproof housing
          Stupid question..why not have the web cam inside?

Comment

Not so stupid a question from a longevity point of view, but you wouldn't get branches brushing past etc if it was inside. Just looks a bit 'raw' outside

The eventual plan is to have a forward facing, a rearward facing and one under the truck looking at the rear axle. Record them all and then edit it into something interesting afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              Not so stupid a question from a longevity point of view, but you wouldn't get branches brushing past etc if it was inside. Just looks a bit 'raw' outside

The eventual plan is to have a forward facing, a rearward facing and one under the truck looking at the rear axle. Record them all and then edit it into something interesting afterwards.
              Sound great..can you record multi web cams at the same time?

Comment

Yep, there's a few bits of software on t'internet. 'Manycam' is one that does it.

Comment

i have a 16 channel input digital cctv video recorder, witch i intend to rig up to as many cameras as i can get hold of when upgrading customers systems at work, my problem will be converting and transfering the recorded images, so no dout i will be asking lots of questions from those of you who understand these pc things.
                  Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Some of those GATEWAYS looked very narrow! Nice vids.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Some good vid's there that little web cam did well good quailty pics considering the weather!!

Comment

Great vids- I see from part 4 you took the 'difficult' direction!

Comment

TBH I thought it was more 'bouncy' than technically difficult (though maybe I'd think different if I could actually SEE the trail rather than just a wall of rain and mist!) Next time we'll run through both directions.

Next tyres I get, I think I'll go for something a little less grippy than the Kumho muds I've got on... they're too damn good! Would be nice to have a little less grip to make things a bit more challenging.

Mind you, JS did it on road tyres in a standard truck.

Comment

New account

Hi dad looking forward to coming down in summer holidays!
                            Hi

Comment

Great vids, thought you was gonna lose ya camera on the first one. Looks loads fun - can't wait to have a go
                              How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Working...
                              X