Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend

Ok sit back get a can because im going to bore u all now. I lost a very good friend last xmas to cancer. I used to work with him up at the crem so i was on that side and he used to mow ect on the cemetery side. Worked with him for 4 years and he became like a second dad to me, to be honest i still have a few tears now but thats not the problem. The council supervisor that runs 2 cemetery's in the forest is a right asshole , he,s the kind off mans thats nice to your face then talks about u behind your back. He refuses to touch the cemetery were i am , he,s so lazy that now john has gone he refuses to mow or strim that side, so off course it looks awful which upsets me every time i go into work. These cemetery's are council run but the council refuse to make him do it. Why im offloading on u guys is i need any form off torture that i can do on him or may be we can all take our trucks over to his cemetery which is immaculate and do some off roading on his nice green grass. Any ideas would be appreciated .

Google search came up with this...different council but same problem

Long read but the long and short is they should be doing it !

http://www.audit-commission.gov.uk/r...C-7D996CA48E68

3 We undertook an inspection of the council’s best value review (BVR) of its Parks: Provision and Management, which includes grass cutting, Parks Patrol, Countryside Rangers, outdoor sports management, playgrounds and outdoor events. However, it also included services outside of parks including Cemeteries & Closed Churchyards, Allotments, Landscape Architecture and Tree Maintenance on highways (Arboriculture).

maybe you should talk to some of the people who have loved ones there and get them to complain..

Just a thought

Mark

Comment

I now they should be doing it but when i complained and my husband (and he works for the council) they just said his cem is bound to be better as he lives on site. Unfortunately the bloke is over 6 foot tall and everyone including management seem to be scared off him.

Comment

What I am saying is that it would come better from people with loved ones in your crem(as your an employee) ((not the fact that you don't have a loved on there)). Get them to get the local paper to do a piece on how the place is not being kept in the condition it should be and point out the irony of the fact that your friend would be "turning in his grave" as head gardener.

yes we could all drive over the other crem but is that really a good idea!! what will that achieve ?

Comment

Only joking about the offroading. I have got a couple off friends ringing up next week to complain so we will see what they have to say after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy
            Only joking about the offroading. I have got a couple off friends ringing up next week to complain so we will see what they have to say after that.
            I would say put the councils number up here and a some names of the passed away and I would happily call pretending to be a relative and give them sh1t but it would be bad taste on a forum

hope you get it sorted that kinda thing really winds me up...

Comment

Cheers mate anyway for the advise, will have to see what happens.

Comment

thinking out LOUD
                a spray bottle of WEED KILLER concealed about your person while walking round his patch should do the trick.
                hate ass holes like him
                give it few squirts from me please
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

Tell the idle nobwipe to get his finger out, otherwise you're putting an official complaint in. If he's a back stabbing sod, it's not as if you are losing anything, and the Council are so anal these days they can't brush aside an official complaint, 'cos they know they'd be in the cr@p if anyone double checked the proceeding follow-up.

Don't bother with the subtle don't upset anyone approach. It doesn't work, as I used to find out frequently. Nowadays, I'm always courteous in my approach, but very stubborn and stick to my point regardless. It's the only way you'll stop them dicking about.

Comment

Ye i understand were u are all coming from but i have to be careful as my husband works for them as well and i don't want to get him in trouble as already his card is marked for having a go at the manager and the supervisor about the cem. So directly me or Geoff cant do anything but i have got friend ringing up next week to complain. If that doesnt work then i will sneak over in the evenings and do it myself.

Comment

Ye i understand were u are all coming from but i have to be careful as my husband works for them as well and i don't want to get him in trouble as already his card is marked for having a go at the manager and the supervisor about the cem. So directly me or Geoff cant do anything but i have got friend ringing up next week to complain. If that doesnt work then i will sneak over in the evenings and do it myself.
                      Seriously, if they are antagonising your husband for bringing the matter up, (provided he did it in an acceptable manner), I really would be making mincemeat of them if I were you. You really cannot let the anal pr1cks get away with murder. You can directly complain, and should do so, in writing. They *cannot* penalise you for it, and if the matter is not acted upon, I would forward your letter of complaint to regional level as well as local. Seriously, if you let them screw you over once, they will continue. I've had this obnoxious attitude twice from dicks at different council departments, (under a different set of circumstances, obviously), but both times I have pushed the point and proven the point. They will be obnoxious and uppity whilst ever you acquiesce to their attitude. ***DON'T***

Edit: Btw, apologies if I sound a bit pedantic on the subject. It's just that the people in positions of authority who insist they are correct whilst being totally out of order or incorrect really get my hackles up. Their position is one they should aspire to keep respectable, not abuse for all it's worth.
                      Last edited by MattF; 30 June 2007, 16:35.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                        Seriously, if they are antagonising your husband for bringing the matter up, (provided he did it in an acceptable manner), I really would be making mincemeat of them if I were you. You really cannot let the anal pr1cks get away with murder. You can directly complain, and should do so, in writing. They *cannot* penalise you for it, and if the matter is not acted upon, I would forward your letter of complaint to regional level as well as local. Seriously, if you let them screw you over once, they will continue. I've had this obnoxious attitude twice from dicks at different council departments, (under a different set of circumstances, obviously), but both times I have pushed the point and proven the point. They will be obnoxious and uppity whilst ever you acquiesce to their attitude. ***DON'T***

Edit: Btw, apologies if I sound a bit pedantic on the subject. It's just that the people in positions of authority who insist they are correct whilst being totally out of order or incorrect really get my hackles up. Their position is one they should aspire to keep respectable, not abuse for all it's worth.
                        YOU serious never
                        mind you mitz got to agree with the jessie he's (excuse the pun) DEAD Right
                        Enjoying Life after Cancer
                        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                          YOU serious never
                          mind you mitz got to agree with the jessie he's (excuse the pun) DEAD Right
                          Sorry. I just seem to keep having brief flashes of sanity every now and then. I'll try not to do it again.

Comment

You know something else that will get your goat up matt is that when geoff stood up to this bloke and complained to management he was told to be careful as his contract is up and they could not guarantee that geoff would have his renewed if it looked as tho he could not work as a team. When geoff asked if he was being threatened with the sack for complaining this bloke backet down.This was all said over the phone with no witness"s.

Comment

You know something else that will get your goat up matt is that when geoff stood up to this bloke and complained to management he was told to be careful as his contract is up and they could not guarantee that geoff would have his renewed if it looked as tho he could not work as a team. When geoff asked if he was being threatened with the sack for complaining this bloke backet down.This was all said over the phone with no witness"s.
                              Ooh, it's a good job I weren't in your hubbies shoes over that one. The bloke would have had a not so subtle opinion on that comment. Seriously, though, if they did try to penalise you or make life awkward for you, when you're ensuring that *public* funds are put to the use they are intended for, and that those funds are used appropriately, you could give them a good beasting, whether there were any witnesses or not to your hubbies conversation with this chap. Remember that as well as answering to higher levels of Govt, councils also have to answer to auditors. Also, any recrimination they may try to impose upon you or your other half would give you even more ammunition to use. They have not a single avenue they can take other than to provide the services those funds are designated for. The upkeep of their responsibilities is their job, not keeping some tardy layabout happy.

If you get fobbed off or penalised at one level, keep going one level higher until you reach the top.

Comment

Working...
                              X