surf radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surf radio

no wi kno wthis not realy a 4x4 question but i am stumped i hav ejust bought a hilux sufr with the normal flashy stereo in it but can't figure out how to use it the display somtimes works the tuner needs an expander and the drop down front for the tape hits the gearstick before reaching the down position all this aside i also have an adapter in the boot for what? Now the big question if i want to fit another stereo will the wireing harness ( if fitted) be the same so i can just plug the connector in. I know it's not a very good description of the problem but help if you can the model of the stereo is audi master wx-c700

most of us ditch the jap stereo & replace it with a single din unit the harness adaptor is available from halfrauds
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

adapter

thanks a trip to halfords it is then any ideas about the din socket and two phone leads in the boot?

Comment

Most probably used to have a multiplay in the back.

Or tv screen.
        Last edited by mick b; 17 February 2004, 02:56.

Comment

cheers now all i have to do is discover how to drive an automatic and revers without knocking the fog light off lol

Comment

the harness adaptor will only work if it still has the standard toyota loom... if it has been chopped and wired into ISO then no mod is needed... if it has been butchered then it needs re-wiring to ISO
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

oh joy just when i thought things were going smooth lol
              how come i have two batteries on the surf and one is bigger than the other?

Comment

Originally posted by andyhum
                oh joy just when i thought things were going smooth lol
                how come i have two batteries on the surf and one is bigger than the other?
                Do a search for batteries - however to summarise, the two batteries is an option on the Surf, allows them to use two smaller batteries to provide a high starting current. One of them is bigger cos it has been replaced. The standard is taht both are the same size.

UNLESS....

You may be lucky and have had a modification done whihc gives you one decent sized starting battery and one leisure battery for running the winch, fridge, TV etc. The Leisure battery may be the larger one of the two. In this event you should also have a split charging system.

The standard 2 battery setup is wired in parallel and provides 12V still but with over 700CCA starting current.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X