I crossed over to the Green side...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I crossed over to the Green side...!

I took the plunge today and have gone 50/50 veg oil. Having gone for a drive around I would never know any difference.

I have been on the forum for nearly 3yrs and read all about it but it still made me very nervous standing there tipping cooking oil into my pride and joy. It never missed a beat unlike me.

I hadn’t bothered before due to C&E but in three days time that don’t matter so long as you keep a record of the amount you use.

I have a couple of questions..

What’s the highest ratio you have used ?
    Where is the cheapest supply? (other than making your own)
    When do you know that the fuel filter needs changing?

Cheers
    Mark

1) About 75% without a fuel heater ought to be the safe limit.

2) Makro seems popular.

3) When it starts running like $hit.

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
      I took the plunge today and have gone 50/50 veg oil. Having gone for a drive around I would never know any difference.

I have been on the forum for nearly 3yrs and read all about it but it still made me very nervous standing there tipping cooking oil into my pride and joy. It never missed a beat unlike me.

I hadn’t bothered before due to C&E but in three days time that don’t matter so long as you keep a record of the amount you use.

I have a couple of questions..

What’s the highest ratio you have used ? 100%
      Where is the cheapest supply? (other than making your own) I use a major supermarket
      When do you know that the fuel filter needs changing? when the crud comes up (give it a couple of fills)

Cheers
      Mark
      Welcome to the green (and smelly) side
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

UDTrev to run on 100% do you have any mods?

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
          UDTrev to run on 100% do you have any mods?
          Nope, not at present (well apart from a clean filter), but don't try in winter, or your pride and joy will NOT be a happy bunny
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            3) When it starts running like $hit.
            As I thought

Cheers Matt

Comment

Been running 100% this week and been fine except for a tiny miss on idle when cold. Runs great after a few minutes. In saying that though temp. have been below 10 at night.
              I have a coolant heat exchanger and a 200w electric fuel filter heater.
              Last edited by chrisinflight; 29 June 2007, 00:05.