Burping thingy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burping thingy!

Hi chaps, a bit ago i came across a plumbing job thread for burping the coolent system. It consisted of a bit of 15ml copper pipe and a domestic drain off thingy. Well ive looked and looked but cant find it, anyone know were the thread is please. O and ref my thread on rads, its all sorted now, local firm is doing it for me, the matrics is being delivered to morrow from Scotland and will be ready to pick up am Saturday morning at a cost of 170 squid. Alls well that ends well eh?
    Thanks guys

http://www.yotasurf.com/forums/showt...eeding+coolant

it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by magnum force
      Hi chaps, a bit ago i came across a plumbing job thread for burping the coolent system. It consisted of a bit of 15ml copper pipe and a domestic drain off thingy. Well ive looked and looked but cant find it, anyone know were the thread is please. O and ref my thread on rads, its all sorted now, local firm is doing it for me, the matrics is being delivered to morrow from Scotland and will be ready to pick up am Saturday morning at a cost of 170 squid. Alls well that ends well eh?
      Thanks guys

Do what I do mate. Get a 1.5lt mineral water bottle, cut the bottom off it, stick the neck into the rad opening where the rad cap goes, get some electrical tape and tape it into position so that it's like a big funnel. Then fill the system until half the bottle if full of coolant. Then run the truck for half an hour until at operating temp. You will see all the air bubbles coming out into the bottle.

When you see no more and it's nice and hot, shut down and let cool. It will suck the coolant back in as it cools. Then just put rad cap back on and hook up the expansion tank. Job done.

Comment

Cheers my friend, that will do nicely. Now dose it go on the pipe before going in to the heater or on the way out??? Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
          Do what I do mate. Get a 1.5lt mineral water bottle, cut the bottom off it, stick the neck into the rad opening where the rad cap goes, get some electrical tape and tape it into position so that it's like a big funnel. Then fill the system until half the bottle if full of coolant. Then run the truck for half an hour until at operating temp. You will see all the air bubbles coming out into the bottle.

When you see no more and it's nice and hot, shut down and let cool. It will suck the coolant back in as it cools. Then just put rad cap back on and hook up the expansion tank. Job done.
          Brill!! Andy, that looks a goooooood idea, thanks a mill

Comment

Made one similar to matt's, aint used it yet tho
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
            X