New Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tyres

Well finally got round to getting some pictures of my new tyres up.

When I went to get them fitted last Friday they fu**ed up and ordered the H/T 689 tyres and not the A/T 694's as ordered. I wasn't happy as I took them off the truck and put them in the back of my Defender to get fitted.

The guy called tyre distributor and said he could get them in for the next day.

Went back in Saturday last week and got them fitted. For my trouble he knocked £11 per tyre off and I got them for £85 each including valve, balance and disposal, a total of £340 for 4. They retail at £96 inc from ATS Euromaster. I decided against getting 31/10.5/15's as after seeing the difference in total tyre diameter there might be too much change in my speedo reading.

So far they are fantastic. Great grip in the wet, went off road for 10 miles after getting them fitted and they coped very well. No road noise that I can tell and the truck is very much smoother and a more comfortable ride.

Here are the tyres

265/70R/15 Bridgestone Dueler A/T 694

good tyres - i had them before i went to MT's but thought they were not available anymore
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
      good tyres - i had them before i went to MT's but thought they were not available anymore

Did you have the 693's??? The 693 A/T has been superseded by the 694. This tyre is fresh on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
        I decided against getting 31/10.5/15's as after seeing the difference in total tyre diameter there might be too much change in my speedo reading.
        I found that when I run my 31" M/Ts that my speedo is pretty much spot on, whereas it's about 5mph out at 70 on my road-going 265s. This is by using GPS speed measuring. When I replace my road tyres (pretty soon, they're borderline, and squeal round any turn) I'll be going for 31s.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
          I found that when I run my 31" M/Ts that my speedo is pretty much spot on, whereas it's about 5mph out at 70 on my road-going 265s. This is by using GPS speed measuring. When I replace my road tyres (pretty soon, they're borderline, and squeal round any turn) I'll be going for 31s.

I suppose they are all different. I use those speed warning signs to gauge mine. There is one near me. At 30 and 40 they come on when I'm more or less bang on the limit, so mine is pretty accurate, but don't know what it would be at higher speeds. After seeing a table with the comparison diameters of the two different tyres I thought I would stick with the factory fitted size.

I noticed that in the table the equivelent size for the 31/10.5/15 would be a 255/75/15

Comment

I've been looking for new tyres myself, been offered BFG AT 31x10.5 R15 for a touch under £90 per corner.

Comment

Originally posted by davidwilson666
              I've been looking for new tyres myself, been offered BFG AT 31x10.5 R15 for a touch under £90 per corner.

Keep an eye on ATS mate. They do a 25% off promotion often and they offer the BFG's in this promotion. The 25% is for 4 tyres.

Comment

Working...
              X