Roof-rack query...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof-rack query...........

Hi there, I have some Thule roof bars which suit me fine for most purposes. However, I need to be able occasionally to put some long ladders on the car and I think I could do with some support towards the back of the car. Anyone know how to go about this, whether there's a way of fixing something on without drilling through the roof etc?

Many thanks for any ideas.

mine has some runners you can attach a roof bar to i think someone on there. got the runners from a peugeot 406 to fit.

Comment

get another roof bar an then join them together, the back one will just sit there, but wont go noware, its been done on her before i think. or bye a set of tripple laders , thats what av done.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonka
        Hi there, I have some Thule roof bars which suit me fine for most purposes. However, I need to be able occasionally to put some long ladders on the car and I think I could do with some support towards the back of the car. Anyone know how to go about this, whether there's a way of fixing something on without drilling through the roof etc?

Many thanks for any ideas.
        ? could you get a triple window sucker and attach it to the back of the roof and use the handle as a tie down point with some padding in between the roof and ladder. Just a thought.

Mark

Comment

I have triple ladders, but they're long. Maybe I'll try them on top and see whether they look stable.

What's a triple window sucker? Once when I was on a skiing holiday we hired a car with a roof mounted ski rack and the base part of it went on to the top of the roof and mounted magnetically, I was wondering whether anything like that was available.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonka

What's a triple window sucker? Once when I was on a skiing holiday we hired a car with a roof mounted ski rack and the base part of it went on to the top of the roof and mounted magnetically, I was wondering whether anything like that was available.
            One winter I spent fitting double glazing and was amazed how much weight these suction handles would lift without coming off. All you do is place them on a clean flat clean surface and flip the lever, then off you go.

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=T...oogle&ct=title

just had a little search around and found this...
            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180134061738

Mark

Comment

When I put long things on the roof of my carina I just tie the back length to the tow bar and the front to the tow ring that way you can use your thule bars with no worries.

Cheers JB
              www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Working...
              X